Teknek was founded over 35 years ago in the UK and designs and produces specialised equipment which removes particle contamination from a wide range of materials used in modern manufacturing. Particles cause defects during manufacturing processes, and as such they can have an adverse effect on production yields as well as in field failures. Teknek invented the contact cleaning concept and its technology is used in a range of industries from PCB production to flat panel manufacture, medical products to printing and packaging. Now part of the ITW Global Group of Companies our business continues to be world wide.
Product Manager – Advanced Engineering Consumables
As part of our continued expansion an opportunity has arisen for a Dynamic and Ambitious Product Manager.
Our Product Managers require knowledge of business, marketing, data analysis and technology, plus excellent communication and organisational skills. It’s rewarding yet challenging work, and for many a stepping stone to greater things.
The role has a high degree of autonomy so would suit those that like to take control and make a difference. We are a Global player selling to some of the world’s top brands – International travel will be part of this role.
The company produces high end production equipment used around the world, the equipment uses a range of consumables which the company produces.
This role would be responsible for the consumable sales part of the business.
- The Product Life Cycle: Manage from concept, to design, sample production, testing, forecast, cost, mass production, promotion, support, and finally product end of life.
- Delivers the plan: Achievement of growth objectives including market share, revenue, profit for your product.
- Marketing Delivery: Responsible for managing and implementing marketing activities through research, strategic planning and implementation.
Product Manager Key Tasks
- Taking overall responsibility for the success of your product
- Know customer needs – research, customer visits, trade shows etc
- Develop product lines and appraise new ideas for market viability
- Planning new features and changes to a product
- Assess competition by comparing products
- Lead & create product marketing campaigns
- Work with the management team to create product sales strategies
- Work with customers and sales to evaluate the sales and marketing process
- Bring new products to market
- Market new products using all marketing communications methods
- Champion the Brand
- Determine product pricing based on market research, production costs and anticipated demand
- attending conferences and events related to a product or sector
- inspiring and enthusing colleagues and users of the product
- learning about users and a product's market
- 3+ Years in a B2B marketing role, ideally with International Marketing experience
- Strong people management skills.
- Proven track record of building brands, driving lead acquisition and sales growth in a B2B environment.
- Strong Creative Outlook
- PR & Media Management.
- Degree in Marketing or related subject. Chartered Marketer possibly.
- Experience of Marketing consumables in a Capital Equipment business or related area.
Desirable Skills or Experience:
- Creative skills for collateral composition & presentations.
- Ideally sector experience marketing products in any one of our market sectors including: SMT, PCB, Coating & converting, Flat Panel Display, or in a similar area.
- Product launch & through-life marketing
- Work Scheduling & project management.
- Working to the ISO:9001 standard or a professional and process driven methodology.
- Experience working to KPI’s.
- Well versed in marketing across different cultures, particularly Asia.
Desirable Personal Attributes:
- Driven and able to multi-task handling multiple priorities and projects.
- Process driven with logical, planned and structured methodology.
- Organised, tidy with good time management.
- Able to handle pressure to meet deadlines and deliver marketing outcomes.
- Flexible, adaptable and accepting change.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Professional appearance and behaviour
- Setter and driver of high standards.
- Lifelong learner, practitioner and teacher to others of new skills.
- Challenge seeking with copious energy to deliver and to overcome any failures along the way.
- Emotionally robust to be able to deal effectively and efficiently with performance management.
- Reasonable period of tenure in previous roles. Patterns of a succession of employer changes within a short time period are undesirable.
- Flexibility & willingness to adapt to the needs of an SME size business.
- Ambitious and ready to show it.
We expect a high volume of applicants for this role and we will only be able to respond to applicants who have been selected for the next stage.
No Agencies or agency submitted CV's.