Product Management Assistant
Birmingham, West Midlands
If you have strong analytical skills with a passion for product marketing and development, this could be the job for you!
Our client is a leading global supplier of precious metals in gold, silver, platinum and palladium alloys. They are the UK's largest one-stop shop for the jewellery maker with over 18,000 products. They are currently looking for a well organised Product Management Assistantto join our team of eight.
Providing support and assistance to a Product Manager responsible for the life-cycle of various product categories, you will learn about users and a product market, test your ability to meet tight deadlines and build your experience in campaign planning.
Duties include supporting the Product Manager in:
- Managing and delivering a successful product range to ensure maximisation of sales and profit
- Being responsible for each phase of the product life-cycle from conception and launch through to management, review and exit
- Understanding the needs of the customer and developing the existing product range
- Developing plans and campaigns through effective market research and data analysis including gathering information on prices and ranges of competitors
- Producing clear reports on the findings for managers perusal
- Writing product content for new lines and dealing with queries following their launch
- Managing and enhancing relationships with external stakeholders such as suppliers e.g. for stock control and management
- Increasing category awareness to internal stakeholders such as Supply Chain, Marketing, Ecommerce and Contact Centre departments
- Gathering and evaluating ideas and opinions including from customer feedback
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree (or equivalent)
- GCSE Grade C (4) and above or equivalent in both English & Maths
- Proven experience in dealing with suppliers and/or stock control, purchasing and buying
- Previous administrative experience
- Ability to prioritise and schedule work to meet deadline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A good standard of numeracy and skills in data analysis
- Ability to use initiative for independent work or work as part of a team
- Knowledge or qualifications within jewellery making would be desirable
Hours of work:
Total 37.5 hours per week, working a pattern of Monday to Thursday, 08:30 – 16:45, Friday 08:30-15:30 with a 30 minute lunch break each day.
- Salary of up to £22,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- Up to 26 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions matched up to 8%
- Life assurance
- Interest free loans for annual travel passes and car park permits
- Discounts on online platforms, gym membership, company products and more.
As part of the new starter vetting process the successful candidate will be asked to complete a criminal records check from the DBS and asked to provide references; due to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) please do not disclose referee details on your CV.
To apply for the role of Product Management Assistant, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Product Management Assistant, Assistant Product Manager, Trainee Product Manager, Product Management Assistant, Product Management Administrator, Administrator, Purchasing Administrator, Stock Control Administrator, Buying Assistant, Product Management.