Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we’ve built. Want to join them?
Summary Statement of Job:
- Responsible for taking the lead role in consulting assignments, building trusted client relationships, whilst being recognised as key advisor in own specialist areas.
- Shapes and deliver major consulting engagements that are aimed at achieving demonstrable business benefit, achieve profit targets and potentially evolving into major projects for Kainos.
- Agrees objectives, outputs, milestones, timescale with client, together with associated contract and commercial terms.
- Creates well structured & accurate deliverables and presents at up to client board level leading to acceptance of recommendations.
- Ensures that knowledge & experience is captured and disseminated at end of assignment.
- Maintains a current knowledge of specialist areas and provides appropriate thought leadership internally and to clients.
- Manages and motivates Kainos team members ensuring that all have clear objectives, receive regular feedback on performance, and have timely, honest project appraisals completed.
- Pro-active in mentoring a group of Consultants.
- Develops own internal and external networks, while recognising competitor strengths & weaknesses in relevant market areas.
- Identifies and takes appropriate action on opportunities to win business, including negotiating and closing at a senior client level.
- Develops new skills & services in relation to current & future market requirements.
- Takes responsibility for devising and costing viable, winning solutions, working closely with the Kainos sales and pre-sales teams.
- Contributes to and leads in the formation of offerings and products for existing markets and support entry into new markets.
- Complies, and ensures team members comply, with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times.
- Based in a Kainos location but required to work on client site whenever appropriate.
Experience & Capabilities:
- Minimum of 6 years experience in a relevant commercial or technical environment with at least 4 years demonstrable success in consulting (or project equivalent).
- Strong in chosen consulting specialisation and demonstrates adaptability to embrace new disciplines.
- In depth experience of at least one major business vertical (e.g. Financial Services, Health, Government).
- Experience of at least 2 business applications environments (e.g. EDRM, BPM, CRM, etc).
- Breadth of knowledge across the Kainos areas of operation.
- Broad business & technology experience and a good awareness of industry trends and their potential impact on current & future business applications.
- Experience of working at a senior level with at least 4 different clients and demonstrable evidence of building strong client relationships.
- Experience of creating and working to project plans and leading small teams together with handling change controls.
- Sound communication skills including ability to formally present to senior client and conference audiences.
- Strong commercial awareness and sound understanding of project and business dynamics.
- Strong ability to make sensible decisions under pressure taking a balanced view of client demands and Kainos commercials.
- Ability to motivate and inspire staff.
- Ability to recognise competitor strengths & weaknesses in specialist areas.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines & handle uncertainty.
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues, including formal presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- A good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Mature non-confrontational style.
- Quality focused.
- An effective mentor and teacher
- Articulate, enthusiastic, responsible, logical and thorough.
- Visionary and entrepreneurial with a positive "can do" attitude towards the challenges facing Kainos and clients.
- Highly flexible (willingness to work away from home base).
WHO YOU ARE:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.