Our business partner is a leading manufacturer and supplier of high-performance products used in critical applications around the globe. They are focused on attractive markets where there is sustainable competitive advantage based on technology leading to high growth and profitability. If successful you will Evaluate, prepare and implement detailed designs, processes and equipment in order to meet or exceed the requirements of the launch phase of new product projects.
- Lead solution generating activities in order to provide fit for purpose designs, equipment, tooling and processes.
- Using 3D CAD software, prepare full engineering design drawings to enable successful POC and handover to the Launch team.
- Ensure full project documentation and change control complies with their quality systems.
- Liaise with internal and external suppliers to ensure on time delivery of tooling, equipment and resources
- Evaluate and present full CAPEX requirements for any proposed resource and equipment requirements.
- Manage the POC stage in conjunction with the launch team.
- Agree and control the design freeze stage of allocated projects/new products.
- Drive projects to ensure in-scope, on-time and on-cost development and delivery.
- Generate full specifications and designs in order to develop the new product to include verifying product sub-systems, where applicable, to include tooling, mechanics, hydraulics/pneumatics, software and electronics to ensure the POC is fit for purpose when integrated into new and/or existing platforms and processes at the Launch phase.
- Liaise and communicate with internal and external customers to ensure full clarity of project status.
- Educated to degree level (2:2 or above) in the any of the following disciplines: Product design, Manufacturing, Engineering or Process Engineering.
- At least 3 years’ demonstrable experience of >£60k project lead/management.
- Commercially aware of market trends and new technologies
- Demonstrable experience of 3D CAD
- Demonstrable experience and examples of innovative design and design techniques
- Excellent analytical mind and problem solving skills
- Design experience with Hydro/pneumatic systems
- Design experience with Electro/mechanical systems, with robotics an advantage
- Design experience of automated manufacturing systems an advantage
- An appreciation of polymer processing
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong prioritization skills
- Ability to manage own workload
- Accurate, numerate with good attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Able to work well under pressure to meet dead lines
- Willing to travel
bonuses, pension, life insurance