Looking for an opportunity to combine your programming skills with your love for GIS and mapping? Working in the Cardiff R&D Center you’ll be joining a software development team that is actively contributing to the next generation of mapping tools in ArcGIS.
You will be involved throughout the software development process, working on a range of different technologies, guiding design decisions, representing the user perspective, and ensuring the quality of the final software. You’ll be supporting the development of the Arcade expression language. This is a scripting language that is used throughout the ArcGIS platform, covering areas such as data visualization, labeling, data management and map interaction. Arcade has become a key part of ArcGIS that is being actively developed and requires dedicated support with a focus on ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Runtime SDKs.
- Develop and implement test plans and test cases, write test code, verify code changes and bug fixes
- Review and analyze automated test results and report status on software quality and stability
- Troubleshoot production issues in current and past software versions
- Build and maintain realistic cartographic workflows and projects with 2D and 3D data to validate cartographic tools and processes
- Share and distribute your workflows and projects in samples, tutorials, blog articles, videos, and help documentation
- Learn and understand existing product technologies in the context of a wide variety of domains
- Research and analyze customer requests, industry standards, and specifications to help define cartographic requirements
- Work with ArcGIS Runtime SDKs to build native applications
- Familiarity with Esri’s ArcGIS platform and online services, or other GIS products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree (2:1 or higher) in computer science or related subject such as mathematics, physics, or GIS
- Familiarity with computer graphics, cartography, typography, or GIS
- Experience with software testing (coded UI, MVVM, SDK, unit testing)
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.