Location: Nottingham (Sir John Peace)
We appreciate that recruitment and job seeking may not be a priority for people in the current climate. The safety and wellbeing of individuals is of the utmost importance and we as a business are assisting through data intelligence in any way we can. However, we do have some critical hires at present and there may be individuals at this time open to a new opportunity. You may be interested to hear more about the role below that is currently open. Stay safe everyone.
Experian enables us as Consumers apply for credit and get the appropriate products we can afford, we help lenders manage us as customers increasing or decreasing our credit as we pay it back. Experian also then help lenders collect monies owed or trace people. With the services we provide we help lending to be affordable for all of us as consumers.
This role is to lead our key Product portfolio around helping consumers and lenders perform credit checks on new customers. We have processed these credit checks for the last 30 eyars for a majority of the UK major lenders and financial institutions and it's a key to them running their business successfully. Our clients demand market leading products, data and technology to consume services in the most cost-effective way. Our clients also expect market leading products against our key competitors and your responsibility will be to own the full product life cycle, P&L and provide market leading returns for our clients and Experian.
This is an exciting time to join Experian as we are changing the way we operate, making a material shift in our business model to become more Product Centric. As a Product Director you will be fully empowered with full accountability for your full product P&L.
About the team
This role is a key leader in the Digital Consumer Information team, a business until which generates £200m for Experian and supports all its UK strategic clients. Its has 7 main Product Portfolio's aligned with our core markets, innovation and clients. We are c500 people with a diverse set of cultures and locations from Glasgow to London with strong Nottingham presence. The team blend Fintech culture "just get done attitude", risk and reward with the breath or a Global organization to rely on with scale and brand second to none in the market.
Our ability to continually provide a world class service for our clients is of paramount importance, and a key differentiator for Experian in the marketplace. We are looking an established Product Director with experience in managing a portfolio within the range of £20M-£50M and c5000 clients to join an established industry leading team.
What is a Product Director - responsible for?
Day to day activities:
- Own the Product End to End and deliver the in year and multiyear plan for industry / market leadership and profitable growth
- Overall strategic Product direction and roadmaps aligned to overall BU strategy and standards
- Design and deliver Industry leading, fully compliant products that deliver differentiated Customer Experience and value; ensure Security, Automation, Testing, Monitoring
- Accelerate Innovation through the Athena approach to ensure sufficiency and deliver velocity / peak revenue from new product to scale sale
- Execute end to end Product Lifecycle Mgt (PLM) in line with set standards and processes including investments, SPCs, PIRs, Athena reporting
- Manage and deliver the business: budget and capacity to deliver EBIT via revenue, cost, FTE and productivity targets
You should apply if you have experience with the following:
- Extensive Product leadership experience - You will be a seasoned product expert, with experience of P&L ownership £50M and above. You will have B2B product experience and will enjoy managing multiple products, and a large scale client base of circa c5000 customers
- People Leadership - As a Product Director you will be an excellent people leader, directing and inspiring your team.
- Technology - you will have both technical knowledge and capability with exposure to API based products and screened products
- Commercial Acumen - you can demonstrate a strong commercial acumen with the ability to look at pricing, customer value cases, drive competitive wins and work effectively with you GTM team
- Experience operating in an FCA regulated organisation
- Innovation - Excellent track record of delivering innovation into market
- Excellent influencing, people leadership and stakeholder management skills