The successful candidate will work as a research scientist within the engineering team, working principally on Transformer DGA monitors and gas sensing techniques, with specific focus on optical spectroscopy techniques. The work will involve the understanding, operation and testing of GE DGA monitors and the application of appropriate scientific knowledge and methods to solve problems and develop new techniques and features relating to Transformer
- Investigate and implement new product developments & techniques for GE transformer monitors.
- Provide technical leadership within key projects, leading the experimental strategy and planning as well as conducting tests.
- Document and present results to management and key stakeholders
- Identify and recommend new technologies to improve system performance and reliability.
- Work within the wider R&D team contributing test support and scientific
- Tertiary education in optical engineering/physics, spectroscopy, or related discipline.
- Proficiency in data acquisition and experimental automation using relevant software tools (such as LabView, Matlab, Simulink)
- Proficiency in data analysis and presentations using relevant software packages
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience working in a multi-function team and on inter-disciplinary projects.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Demonstrate previous successes working in a team-based environment to meet objectives
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
- PhD in optical engineering/physics, spectroscopy, or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in relevant industrial setting
- Experience/interest in data analytics methods such as advanced statistical analysis and/or machine learning
- Experience working with gas detection technology in industrial product development
- Experience/awareness of photo-acoustic spectroscopy with a particular application in dissolved gas analysis
- Broad awareness of DGA industry application area, and relevant sensing technologies.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: United Kingdom; Lisburn