Job Title: EMEA Family Care Product Developer
Company: Kimberly Clark
Location: Reigate, Surrey (UK)
Are you a passionate product developer? Are you excited about driving product innovation projects across several markets for some of the biggest and most known brands of Kimberly Clark?
This is what we do in the EMEA Family Care R&D team. We start from true consumer insights and we develop & deliver products that make a truly meaningful difference in the everyday lives of our consumers and which are made possible thanks to amazing innovation in science & technology.
We are doing this with focus on what is right for our communities and our environment.
We have big ambitions for growth in our Family Care EMEA business and we are therefore expanding our R&D team to help make our ambitious plans a reality.
As a product developer you will be managing the R&D new product development for some of our exciting new growth opportunities across the EMEA region working on market-leading brands such as Kleenex, Andrex and Scottex.
You will will be responsible for the entire end to end product development including prototyping, technical & consumer qualification, claims development, working as the R&D leader in strong partnership with our Marketing and multifunctional teams.
You will be based in our EMEA head quarters and will have the chance to experience a truly multinational and exciting environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Innovation Design & Development:
- Be the expert for your product area on the ideal product for consumers and your products performance versus competition
- Influencing & partnering with Regional multi-functional team and/or local teams to develop & deliver programs/projects that are consistent with our product strategies and leverage our competitive & consumer understanding to deliver against local, business unit needs
- Working as part of multi-functional team to provide R&D leadership on your assigned innovation/renovation projects: leading product discovery, design and development phases of the project to ensure consumer & technical qualification is completed, and ultimately deliver product proposition that meets key criteria (performance, cost, timings)
- Ensuring seamless handover to Manufacturing (KC or External) to ensure a smooth handover & successful start-up and providing ongoing R&D support to resolve quality, cost, or supplier issues
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in a major scientific or engineering discipline.
- Strong project management experience
- Strong Product design/development experience: experience in translating consumer needs/wishes into product proposals/ideas, and then developing & qualifying products from technical & consumer point of view
- Experience of providing R&D support to qualify new product start-ups & facilitate handover to Manufacturing
- Knowledge & experience of working on formulated products and/or cosmetic products would be helpful
- Entrepreneurial & exceptional bias-for-action
- Strong Technical Curiosity: Be an idea generator and a consumer & brand champion with good technical knowhow
- Strong verbal/written communication & influencing skills
- Good collaboration & team working skills
- Competitive basic salary
- Performance related bonus
- Private healthcare
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
You can also choose from our flexible benefits package which includes:
- Holiday trading
- Share scheme options
- Critical illness cover
- Travel insurance
- Dental cover
- And many more!
At Kimberly-Clark we are happy to consider requests for flexible working, which can include flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours etc.
If this is something you wish to explore, please highlight at interview stage
Health, safety and wellbeing is of paramount importance here at Kimberly-Clark. Due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19, please therefore note that all interviews are currently only being scheduled via our online video interviewing platforms. This means we can continue to identify and hire great talent in a safe and secure manner.
If you have any questions about this process, please do not hesitate to ask your recruiter.
The Legal Bit!
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
KC is a sponsor of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation Good Recruitment Campaign