Job Title: EMEA Intimate Care Product Developer
Location: Reigate, Surrey
Are you a passionate Product Developer? Are you excited about driving product innovation projects across several markets for some of the biggest and most known Intimate Care brands of Kimberly Clark and help us make a stronger impact on one of our top strategic platforms?
This is what we do in the EMEA R&D team. We start from true consumer insights and WE DELIVER WITH EXCELLENCE, PRODUCTS THAT MAKE A MEANINGFUL DIFFERENCE IN THE EVERYDAY LIFE OF OUR CONSUMERS – UNLOCKED BY SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY.
We are doing this with focus on what is right for our communities and our environment.
As a Product Developer you will be managing the R&D short-medium term innovation programs for some of our Andrex platforms across the entire EMEA region and work in strong partnership with our Marketing and cross functional team as the R&D lead.
You will have the unique opportunity of being responsible for the entire end to end product development – including prototyping, qualifications, claims development and support.
You will be based in our EMEA head quarters and will have the chance to experience a truly multinational and exciting environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Innovation Design & Development:
- Be the expert for your product area on the ideal product for consumers and your products performance versus competition
- Influencing & partnering with Regional multi-functional team and/or local teams to develop & deliver programs/projects that are consistent with our product strategies and leverage our competitive & consumer understanding to deliver against local, business unit needs
- Working as part of multi-functional team to provide R&D leadership on your assigned innovation/renovation projects: leading product discovery, design and development phases of the project to ensure consumer & technical qualification is completed, and ultimately deliver product proposition that meets key criteria (performance, cost, timings)
- Ensuring seamless handover to local teams to ensure an un-interrupted transfer of R&D project ownership through to launch, providing start-up support and on-going consultation on any in-market follow-ups & support.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a major scientific or engineering discipline.
- Strong project management experience
- Experience of providing R&D support to qualify new product start-ups & facilitate handover to Product Supply
- Strong product design/development experience: experience in translating consumer needs/wishes into product proposals/ideas, and then developing & qualifying products from technical & consumer point of view
- Ideally having broad knowledge of tissue making production processes
- Strong Technical Curiosity: Be an idea generator and a consumer & brand champion with good technical knowhow
- Strong verbal/written communication & influencing skills
- Good collaboration & team working skills
- Competitive basic salary
- Performance related bonus
- Company car/car allowance
- Private healthcare
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
You can also choose from our flexible benefits package which includes:
- Holiday trading
- Share scheme options
- Critical illness cover
- Travel insurance
- Dental cover
- And many more!
At Kimberly-Clark we are happy to consider requests for flexible working, which can include flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours etc.
If this is something you wish to explore, please highlight at interview stage
The Legal Bit!
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
KC is a sponsor of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation Good Recruitment Campaign