We are Decoded, the pioneers of transformative technology education. We democratise cutting edge skills. We help transform traditional businesses into tech companies. We give our learners the skills and confidence to embrace the future of work.
Our products and methodologies have been shaped through our collaboration with some of the largest and most technologically progressive organisations in the world. We use the intelligent, ethical and creative application of technology to lay the foundations for a more productive and promising world – one with unlimited possibilities.
Decoded is looking for Product Developers - Data Science to join our Product Team. This is a unique role blending subject matter expertise, instructional design, content creation and teaching. You will be responsible for delivering and creating world-class educational content on the latest data science techniques with opportunities to travel across the globe.
The Data Academy is our global accelerated technical skills development programme, focussing on modern data science and machine learning as well as traditional data analytics. Content covered includes various feature engineering techniques, classical as well as deep machine learning algorithms, implementation in Python and R, and elements of SQL and NoSQL frameworks.
You will deliver, develop and update half-day workshops and full-day hackathons with learners during which you will help them understand and apply data science techniques to real-world problems, in a business context. You will develop and update online learning content to help them embed their learning even further.
We provide formal teaching training, best practice in andragogy (adult education) and support continuous learning of the latest data science techniques with our stellar staff of educators.
As a Product Developer - Data Science at Decoded, you’re ultimately accountable for:
- Creating world-class educational content for professionals, following best practice from our learning experience design team
- Delivering outstanding workshops
- Learning and helping others to learn
SPECIFIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teaching Decoded workshops:
- Delivering excellent workshops to Decoded learners
- Focus on enhancing skills as a Data Academy facilitator
- Maintaining a healthy balance of external delivery to internal work
2. Curriculum development of Decoded workshops and content:
- Module ownership of Data Academy content
- Integrating cutting-edge industry-relevant data science practice
- Development on other Decoded material where necessary
- Focus on enhancing skills as a curriculum developer and learning designer
3. Assisting in the hiring and training of internal and external teachers:
- Assisting with the hiring of Decoded teachers
- Assisting with the delivery of Decoded teacher training