DTR VMS is part of DTR Corporation, a global leading developer and supplier of Automotive anti-vibration systems.
As our Product Design Engineer your role will involve being part of the Simultaneous Development Team (SDT), working in conjunction with customers and suppliers, and in accordance with the DTR Gateway (APQP) process, design and develop VMS products through to manufacturing handover to meet stakeholder requirements.
You will support innovation and improvement projects related to new product, system and technical methodology development.
- Working with Lead Engineer and external customers, analyse requirements, define specifications and design package requirements.
- Working with the Lead Engineer, DTR CAE team and the SDT, customers and external suppliers, utilising DTR design procedures and tools, prepare design concepts for new products, meeting package, performance, cost and manufacturing targets.
- Support product design presentations and technical meetings with customers.
- In accordance with the DTR advanced quality procedures, systems and Gateway (APQP) process, and as part of the SDT, design and develop VMS products through to production handover, including
- Lead the DFMEA process
- Coordinate CAE validation work and reporting.
- Preparation and release of designs, including drawings, bill of materials, component material and test specifications, from prototype to production level.
- Prepare and manage the prototype test plan (DVP) for products.
- Organise the manufacture and testing of prototype parts through the DTR systems.
- Resolution of design problems related to product performance, cost, and manufacturability.
- Prepare technical reports related to design and test validation for internal (DTR), customers and suppliers.
- Support the development from prototype to production introduction of sub component with suppliers
- Maintain a high standard of communication with members of other teams, functional managers, customers and suppliers to pursue project objectives
- Support the achievement of DTR and SDT objectives, which may require occasionally working outside the aforementioned responsibilities.
- Engineering design experience of products for high volume manufacture, involving a variety of materials and technologies
- Degree in a mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Good standard of 3/2D CAD capability for generating design concepts.
- Good appreciation of engineering design analysis and the application of advanced CAE methodologies.
- Experience of component testing and test specification preparation.
- Proactive, creative, target oriented team player.
Desirable experience/understanding of:
- Automotive Engineering
- Vibration and acoustic engineering.
- Vehicle dynamics and chassis systems.
- Designing injection moulded components, pressed; machined and cast metal components.
- Drawing preparation to BS8888 or equivalent.
- Applying geometric tolerancing methodologies.
- The application and interpretation of SPC methodologies
- Process engineering in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Technical presentation to, and, working with customers.
- German language
- Employee Events
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid Holidays