About our client
Our client in Great Yarmouth is an AS9100, ISO-9001 certified and ESA approved leading provider of electronic components, optoelectronics, modules and hybrids.
They work on exciting and highly complex programmes specialising in microelectronic products that are high performing with high reliability designed for use in harsh environments across the space, defence, aerospace, industrial, and energy sectors.
Their customers rely on our highly talented engineering and production teams who have the expertise to transform an idea into a fully tested and qualified high reliability, high quality and safe product whilst ensuring the smallest possible footprint.
About the role
Our client is looking for a talented Product Design Engineer to join our Engineering Team where you will provide technical design and layout expertise for both customer and internal released and development products.
Your main responsibilities and duties will include
- To define, design and develop Optoelectronic packaging solutions for harsh environment applications
- Define and develop Opto electronics manufacturing processes
- Define and develop and test fixtures and jigging for Opto electronics products
- Define and develop optical fibre interconnects
- Support manufacture of prototype products
- Perform and report verification testing of prototype product
- Documentation of prototype builds
- Transfer products from NPI to Manufacture
- Actively improve or optimise aspects of package design, function or processing of existing key products
- Support other departments with urgent issues relating to existing designs or testing, and to formulate effective solutions
You are a methodical Product Design Engineer with a passion for solving problems educated to bachelor’s degree level with previous experience in electronics and optoelectronics design engineering. You are self-motivated with high levels of integrity and have a creative approach for generating new ideas, striving to continuously improve, question and reason and always seeking to add value.
What our client can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave entitlement – 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme at competitive rates – 6% er and 3% ee
- Company sick pay up to 6 months full and 6 months half pay
- Life assurance 3 x basic salary
- Relocation assistance and support with temporary accommodation
- Commitment to Training and Development and support for further education
- Flexi time scheme
- Commitment to your wellbeing
- Employee assistance programme
- Occupational health services
- Free fruit
- Free flu vaccination
And further exciting initiatives planned for 2019!