Product Design Engineer (Microelectronics)
As member of the Engineering Team you will provide technical design and layout expertise for both customer and internal released and development products and ensure successful execution of new product launches. You will also contribute to the attainment of departmental goals and objectives and planning/development for the advancement of the department.
Main Responsibilities -
- To design and develop both New and Existing products for customer owned/ funded and Internal R&D.
- To design and develop both PCBA and Hybrid circuit layouts for new products.
- To generate full drawing packs and associated manufacturing documents to support above.
- Take lead role on engineering projects.
- To update drawings and associated manufacturing document packs.
- Provide product engineering support to both current and new products in manufacturing.
- To engage with Customers and Design Partners to the furtherance of the above.
- To participate in enhancing the Company’s technological capabilities.
- To participate in cost saving and continuous improvement activities.
- Job Objectives:
- To undertake identified aspects of the design and development of new products.
- To actively improve or optimise aspects of design, function or processing of existing key products.
- To support other departments with urgent issues relating to existing designs or testing, and to formulate effective solutions
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required to maintain and/or improve the efficiency, quality and service of the Engineering Team.
- Technical engagement with customers
- Technical engagement with design partners
- Occasional technical engagement with suppliers which may require visits to the supplier’s place of business.
- Relevant qualification to Level 6 (Framework for Higher Education Qualifications) or above
Please note: Although applicants will be considered in light of their technical knowledge, experience and demonstrable skills where an applicant does not hold a formal qualification at level 6 or above.
- Minimum two years’ experience in similar role
- Technical Competencies:
- Experience of microelectronics product design and development
- Experience in design and generation of both PCB and Hybrid (thick film) circuit layout
- Working knowledge of Pantheon / Eagle / Altium
- Knowledge of relevant Industry Standards
- Experience of High Temperature/Power microelectronics design and development
- Experience of Optical data communication systems design and development.
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems and Business Systems Management
- Characteristics: Possess a high degree of self-motivation
- Be a team worker
- Be able work well within a small team
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have strong problem-solving skills
- Have a creative approach for generating new ideas
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Be methodical in their approach to tasks set
- Be able question and reason
Salary - DOE