Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a Procurement Representative – Direct Materials to join our UK Procurement team. You will provide support to your assigned major spend category aiming at ensuring competitive pricing, reducing complexity, reducing lead time and improving supply reliability. This position reports to a Procurement Manager.
What’s in it For You:
- Opportunities to develop knowledge in all aspects of Procurement
- Thrive in a Company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment;
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a Company that is passionate about growth;
- The support of an organisation that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best;
- Comprehensive benefits package.
What You Will Do:
- Lead by example in regional and global safety and ethical initiatives
- Manage day-to-day activities within designated supplier relationships for existing suppliers in your assigned categories
- Manage service level and quality complaint resolution as required for existing supplier base
- Identify, communicate, and support process improvements for materials or services in assigned areas and with key stakeholders as required
- Use sourcing processes and tools to effectively manage assigned sub-categories
- Take responsibility for execution and proposing sourcing strategies and savings projects within assigned sub-categories
- Act as second line of defence in expediting orders to ensure adherence to contracted delivery terms and investigates and resolves problems as required
- Identify alternate suppliers and/or alternate materials or processes and drive approval process
- Own contract process for assigned category. Responsible for ensuring contracts within the category are updated, accurate, and uploaded in the required contract system
- Responsible for financial reporting of savings projects and headwinds. Manage the tight materials process to ensure security of supply
- Support the company’s quality systems through engagement with suppliers to work toward successful corrective action resolution and continued quality
- Lead savings projects, sourcing processes or other initiatives that supports achieving team goals
- Manage and lead the assigned team
- Collaborate with global sourcing teams
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Academic qualification in Sourcing and/or Negotiation
- 3-7 years of relevant experience
- Team management and collaborative working
- Experience of sourcing processes
- Excellent time management skills
- Tactical negotiation skills
- Managing categories, process and people management
- Problem solving
- Customer focused
- Proven business acumen
- Team building and coaching
About Nalco Champion, An Ecolab Company:
Discover how Nalco Champion helps fuel 550 million vehicles globally. Ecolab’s Energy Services business, Nalco Champion, provides specialty chemistry programs and related services for upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas operations looking to maximize production, protect assets and reduce operating costs and environmental impact. Through on-site problem solving and innovative technologies, our team provides solutions that help energy customers overcome complex challenges in the world’s toughest energy frontiers.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.