We nurture and invest in talent to ensure that great people build great careers with us. There’s a variety of different career opportunities which enable people to fulfil their potential and we provide an award-winning range of training, recognised in 2015 by Investors in People (IIP) with a Gold level accreditation. Other prestigious industry awards we have won include General Insurer of the Decade at the British Insurance Awards 2014.
We have an excellent opportunity to join the Guildford Procurement team as a Strategic Procurement Officer, responsible for managing suppliers to drive savings and improved service delivery across a variety of indirect categories of spend.
This is an exciting time for Allianz UK, as we look to grow our team significantly to take on the additional responsibility of providing Procurement expertise to our joint venture with LV General Insurance ( LV= GIG) and the recently acquired general insurance business of Legal & General in 2020.
Procurement experience is not essential; this role would suit someone who’s interested in pursuing a career within Procurement. Useful business knowledge could include understanding of how certain divisions operate and the services / providers they’re dependant on (e.g. claims, HR, engineering, data, operations, IT, facilities, finance, Marketing etc.).
The role would be an excellent platform to develop a career within the world of Procurement, providing you with exposure to a range of indirect areas of spend along with regular opportunities to develop both your negotiation and supplier management skills.
• Support and/or lead sourcing process e.g. Requests for Quotation (RFQs) / Requests for Proposal (RFPs including respective supplier segmentation and due diligence) for specific initiatives in a variety of procurement categories
• Negotiate advantageous terms and conditions, creating value for cost effectiveness, higher quality and more flexibility
• Develop and implement initiatives for cost optimization, supplier consolidation, simplification, service delivery / quality improvements, process efficiency and value increase, subject always to supporting the wider needs of the business, considering the procurement values “peace of mind”, “speed to market” and “value for money” as well as the underlying culture of the organisation
• Deliver short term tactical cost savings whilst supporting the wider objective of building a sustainable category Procurement strategy
• Build effective relationships with key stakeholders through proactive engagement, collaborative working practices and a lean and flexible approach to work. Specifically work in close alignment with the global procurement team (oneProcurement)
• To provide subject matter expertise to senior stakeholders and share knowledge and experience with the wider Procurement team
• Strong commercial, analytical and project management skills
• Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence senior stakeholders across the business
• Impeccable communication skills, i.e. in a broad range of situations, clearly and effectively expressing ideas and messages
• Strong negotiation and supplier management skills
• Takes ownership and shepherds projects to optimal conclusion.
• Ability to work practically and with agility in a changing environment.
• Broad Indirect Procurement experience and/or specific knowledge in respective procurement categories (eg Claims, HR, Engineering, Data, Operations, Facilities, Finance, Marketing)
• Experience in sourcing and procurement processes and tools, e.g. Ariba (preferred, not essential)
• Ideally educated to degree level (or equivalent) and/or CIPS qualified (or working towards)
At Allianz we believe that the difference in our people makes the difference to our business. We’re committed to removing any barriers in our recruitment process so if you’re having difficulties with your online application or any other stage, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For external applicants only –
Please be aware that we will require satisfactory pre-employment evidence to include DBS, Financial Probity and Fraud checks, before you can commence employment with us.