Location: London, NW9 6TD
Position: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 /year
Qualifications: Membership with Chartered Institute of Procurement and supply (CIPS)
At Mackin we specialise in groundworks and civil engineering, as well as hard landscaping and external works projects. We work across both public and private sectors, and our approach enables us to remain flexible enough to deliver projects varying in size, between £500k to £4m.
Partnering with some of the UK's best Principal Contractors, we have successfully delivered a range of high-quality Construction Projects. We have been part of iconic projects such as the 2012 Olympic Park in Stratford and the London Cycle Hire Scheme. And since 2015 we have continuously delivered at the £1bn inner-city housing redevelopment at Colindale Gardens, NW9.
The success of our company is based on the reputation and relationships we have built up over the last 16 years. We want to maintain our positive approach and continue to give our customers confidence that, time and time again, we will provide an end result that is to a high standard, safe, on time and on budget.
The procurement department will manage suppliers and develop purchasing strategies which meet budgetary and other operational requirements of the company. Key aims of the procurement department include becoming more strategic and reducing costs.
A Procurement Manager is a mid/senior level management position designed to ensure the company and its staff adhere to a particular purchasing strategy. This approach will help to maintain consistency as well as keeping costs within a budget.
- Managing the Procurement Life Cycle from start to finish.
- Weighing up tenders from potential suppliers
- Ensuring that suppliers meet the company's requirements for accreditation and insurances etc.
- Negotiating prices
- Agreeing contracts
- Deciding what goods, services and equipment are needed and predicting stock levels
- Researching and identifying new products and suppliers
- Managing a buying team
- Working across departments to win best value for the company
- Ensuring suppliers deliver on time
- Keeping up with market trends
- Analyse data and report up the line
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills to achieve the best overall package from suppliers.
- Experience in use of EQUE2 Construct software.
- A desire to continuously progress and develop professionally to reach full potential.
- The ability to manage the financial aspects of the role and understand budget management processes.
- Ability to deal in small daily matters, as well as larger aims and setting goals.
- A systematic and organised approach to work.
- Strong IT literacy skills, including in Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Previous experience in Groundworks and Civil Engineering.
The role will include aspects of forecasting future business activity; therefore, post holders will require a thorough commercial understanding and the ability to plan and forecast demand.
- Salary of £50,000 - £60,000 /year dependent on experience & capabilities.
- 20 days holiday + 8 BH
- Standard Pension scheme
To apply to our vacancy for a Procurement Manager, please click on Apply to be taken to the LILIUM application page to submit a copy of your CV for consideration.
We look forward to hearing from you.