Location: Pencoed, Bridgend
Working hours: Full time
Our Client works on behalf of their customers throughout the UK to secure financial savings on their day-to-day costs - enabling them to use that money where it matters most. Our clients highest priority is focusing on achieving savings, adding value and to provide excellent customer service to all their customers.
What our client wants from their Procurement Co-Ordintator:
Reporting to the Category Lead/Manager, the role is responsible for supporting delivery of our clients procurement service and acting as the procurement support for a number of procurement projects and activities. This is a supporting position that will deliver support to the category specialists and category leads in delivering the wider procurement strategy. Along the way you will gain a valuable insight and learning into the delivery of world class procurement services across a range of sectors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the development of the category management strategies across our clients professional services area of spend.
- Supporting the procurement telephone help desk to help direct customers to the appropriate procurement solution and services
- Supporting the Category Specialists and Category Leads with market research, customer research, data gathering and intelligence gathering
- Support the Category Specialists and Category Leads at meetings and events
- Maintaining procurement records and files
- Supporting Category Specialist's to implement the procurement strategy for various assigned spend categories.
- Following best practice in all areas of procurement management and compliance.
- Ensuring compliance and mitigate risk and liability to our client and to their customers wherever possible.
- Supporting the selection and on-boarding process for new suppliers, plus conducting all relevant checks.
- Obtaining reports from suppliers and disseminating information to the wider procurement team
- Learning and gaining experience in procurement across a wide range of sectors
- Some travel will be required.
Other skills our client is looking for:
As a member of the Procurement Team you will need to have a good commercial awareness, excellent communication and relationship management skills with an ability to work as part of a team as well as on an individual level. At our client this means that a Procurement Co-ordinator needs the following to work effectively:
- Working knowledge of procurement is an advantage
- Good commercial insight
- Ability to work within a cross functional team.
- Teachable and ready to learn
What our client can offer you:
In addition to a competitive salary, they are offering the opportunity to work for a company that is experiencing a period of exciting growth. You will also get;
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Opportunities for further professional development
- 3 days paid mission leave per annum to support a charity of your choice
- On site gym and subsidised canteen
- Other benefits
Want to know more?
To apply for this Procurement Co-Ordinator role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.