An exciting opportunity for a highly experienced procurement professional to join our complex Utilities client as a Procurement Business partner, focusing in the Capital Projects (Construction) space.
As the UK's largest Water and Wastewater Company, our client services 15 million customers where investment has averaged over £1 billion in recent years. A backdrop of climate change and population growth is putting pressure on our existing water resources and in turn driving the need for a series of significant investments in our assets. The projects we will develop and deliver in the next 5 to 15 years, will leave a lasting legacy for future generations across London, the South East and the UK.
The Procurement Business Partner will:
- Lead the commercial delivery of our major capital infrastructure (construction) projects to meet our business plan.
- Lead and develop a small team of Sourcing Managers, ensuring we provide a high calibre and professional commercial service.
- Work with project sponsors and other key stakeholders to develop a comprehensive procurement strategy identifying the key drivers, requirements, assumptions and constraints for the project
- Identify options in terms of delivery models, commercial architectures, contractual mechanisms and procurement routes to deliver the desired outcomes.
- Negotiate and manage robust capital delivery contracts in full compliance with EU procurement regulations.
Key skills required:
- An extensive track record of developing complex procurement and contracting strategies in the large infrastructure, construction or major projects space
- Demonstrable team leadership experience
- The ideal candidate will have a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject as well as an understanding of technical engineering aspects and of utilities contract regulations (OJEU).
- You will be resilient and tenacious under pressure with an ability to think creatively to solve complex challenges with low levels of definition.
- Exemplary stakeholder management skills, with demonstrable experience of building trust and driving added value.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.