Processing Administration Manager
Location: Eastleigh, Hampshire
Salary: circa £29,000
Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) is a specialist awarding organisation/exam board. Launched in 1962, it offers vocational and technical qualifications, including apprenticeships, in a range of service sectors. As a market leader in the creative industries, VTCT has a strong commitment to its core charitable objective: the advancement of education in the UK and internationally for over 100,000 learners and apprentices.
With a strong vision and an experienced leadership team, we have created an environment ready to embrace the challenges of a new era for the organisation. Our ambitious corporate strategy gives us a strong position from which to find team players ready to join us on this exciting journey.
Within the Academic Division and reporting to the Quality and Processing Manager, the Processing Administration Manager will lead on the coordination of a range of administration functions including learner enrolments, registrations, certifications, and approvals for assessment and examination centres.
The successful candidate will be based at our Eastleigh office in Hampshire and will be expected to:
1. Directly supervise a small team of administrators.
2. Build and maintain a high performing team, by ensuring that the team is focussed, motivated and inspired to achieve team objectives and deliver an excellent administration service to customers.
3. Provide high levels of proactive customer support and advice to existing and potential customers on own initiative and as directed by line manager, including ensuring that the team develops an excellent understanding of ITEC and VTCT products and services.
4. Prioritise, review and develop procedures for processing registrations, enrolments and certificate claims to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
5. Monitor and manage the continuous update and maintenance of records and data contained in relevant information systems and databases, ensuring data is accurately entered by the administration team and corrected when necessary.
6. Assist in any regulatory audit activity to ensure compliance of the organisation.
7. Recommend ways to improve support for operations by changing processes and practices.
8. Work collaboratively within Quality and Processing Department and the wider Academic Division and finance teams to deliver strategic objectives.
The successful candidate will have:
* Organisational and administrative skills
* Ability to work on own initiative, with minimal supervision
* Excellent customer service communication skills through all communication media (oral, written etc.)
* Excellent attention to detail
* Willingness to undertake training and development activities
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
* High level of IT skills
* Flexible in approach
* Ability to draw conclusions from diverse evidence
* Tact and diplomacy
* Experience of general supervision of more junior colleagues.
* Level 3 qualification or above
* GCSE grade C (or equivalent) in Maths and English or Level 2 Key Skills / functional skills / literacy / numeracy
It would be desirable for the successful candidate to have:
* Degree level education
* Experience of working in a regulated sector
Based in our Eastleigh office, this full-time post attracts a generous package of terms and conditions including 25 days holiday per annum and a group stakeholder pension.
If you wish to apply for this exciting opportunity, please send us your details via 'Apply' where you will be asked to provide a comprehensive CV including full work and educational history.
Closing date: midday on Wednesday 6 February 2019.
The group of VTCT companies includes: the charity VTCT through which main Board business and governance is transacted; Digital Assess Software Ltd which is a wholly owned trading subsidiary of VTCT; and EMS Ltd, t/a ITEC, a wholly owned trading subsidiary of VTCT.
£29,000.00 - £29,000.00 per year