Job Role Summary
ExxonMobil Engineering Europe Ltd. (EMEEL), based in Fawley, Southampton, is the European Area Engineering Office of ExxonMobil Research & Engineering Ltd. Our role is to provide technical expertise and leadership in process technology application, improvement, and support to the ExxonMobil Refineries and Chemical Plants; predominantly in Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific.
Job openings exist to provide process engineering technical specialist support for existing facilities and new projects covering one or more of the following areas:
- Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC)
- Gas Treating / Sulfur plant
- Resid Coking
- Reforming and Isomerisation
Job Role Responsibilities
Successful candidates will be required to provide in-depth technical leadership to ExxonMobil plants facilities for safe, reliable and profitable operations. In addition to manufacturing plant support, successful candidates will develop standards for engineering organisations within ExxonMobil, deliver technical training, provide mentoring, and actively participate in global technical networks in the respective discipline.
To be eligible for this role, you must have the current right to work in the UK and in the EU.
Expected Level of Proficiency
In addition you should:
- Have a degree in Chemical Engineering (2.1 or 1st Class standing)
- Demonstrate a detailed working knowledge of the specified refining process.
- Demonstrate ability to do process modelling of the specific refining process and possess knowledge of advanced process controls such as multivariable control and real-time optimisation of said process.
- For catalytic processes, be able to demonstrate a high level of knowledge of catalyst selection and optimisation
- Have substantial professional technical experience, ideally within an operating company or a major engineering contractor or consultant. Breadth in operating technical experience with the one or more of the listed disciplines is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate a track record of proactively applying engineering and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate knowledge in aspects of mechanical design, materials selection and inspection programs for operating units including support to turnaround and shutdowns. Demonstrate experience in startup and shutdown of units.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main business drivers associated with operating and maintaining the associated process unit within a refinery.
- Have experience in conducting root cause failure analyses, process safety assessments (e.g. HAZOP), and risk assessment.
- Be willing to travel regionally for short business trips, with occasional trips of extended duration (such as for turnaround support).
The successful candidate will be looking to join a world class petrochemical multi-national and will possess a broad range of technical, personal effectiveness and leadership skills in order to progress in a professional, technical based engineering career which may ultimately lead to your appointment into global senior technical leadership positions.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidates will be made a conditional offer of employment. The conditions include, but are not limited to: a satisfactory criminal records disclosure; satisfactory employment references over five years (where applicable); verification of qualifications, including any professional accreditation stated in the application; completion of a pre-employment medical, including a test for illicit or unprescribed drugs in accordance with the Company's safety policies; and the legal right to work on the agreed commencement date.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
ExxonMobil and its United Kingdom subsidiary companies, Esso Petroleum Company, Limited, and ExxonMobil Chemical Limited, are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. All applicants are offered equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities during our recruitment processes, therefore, please contact the Recruitment Team if you wish to discuss any particular requirements to enable you to complete our recruitment process.