Kimberly-Clark is the world’s premier tissue manufacturer and the company behind the market leading consumer brands Huggies®, Kleenex®, and Andrex®. Much of this success is largely due to the people behind our products – namely our 41,000 employees worldwide. Our manufacturing facility at Barrow-in-Furness is responsible for the production of tissue products, including Andrex and Kleenex. The site is currently benefiting from investment in new equipment and upgrades and this now provides the following opportunities for enthusiastic and experienced individuals to join our manufacturing teams.
We are looking for highly motivated, process technicians with a strong commitment to safety to work in our converting department, currently positioned in the facial business and on Line 7.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- “Lead by example”, showing visible commitment to safety improvements in the working area by actively participating in safety audits, inspections and accident/incident investigations.
- Maintaining significant presence in the operating environment. Coach team members to improve their contribution to close the distance between current capability and the end state vision of a self-sufficient team.
- Deliver ‘Problem solving and Resolution’ to enable the shift teams to run to target and produce the right quality product at the right time.
- Play a key role in tier meetings structure – Own daily T2 meetings, provide input and take away escalations.
- Lead quality and product development RSR project work
- Support delivery of cost transformation projects
- Take ownership for quality and delivery KPI’s – analyze data, design and plan improvement TIP’s and share progress and ideas with full team.
- Own and apply structured methods (centrelining, standardisation, best-practice, SMED, Etc.) to resolve issues.
- Work closely with external materials vendors and colleagues in papermaking to deliver world class customer/supplier relationships and minimize materials impact.
- A good working knowledge of Converting operations would be beneficial.
- Mechanical skills / experience is highly desirable
- Evidence of high self-motivation and objective/deadline focus is essential
- Ability to see and own problems and opportunities and the capability to drive solutions through to completion.
- Demonstration of basic leadership skills (Influencing and negotiating) and evidence of cost focus is essential
- Ability to demonstrate excellent and confident communication skills both internally and with vendors is essential.
In Return we offer a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive pay including shift pay
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Share Scheme options
- Gym Membership
- Any many more!!