Process Safety Engineer
£48,000 to £52,000 per annum (DOE) plus management bonus (OT 20%, Max 45%), and a range of attractive benefits including company car/allowance, family private medical insurance, group pension scheme, and more..
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
The Health and Safety team at Calor Gas are looking to recruit an engaging and proactive Process Safety Engineer to lead the process safety team so that Calor operates in accordance with the Regulatory Framework. Operating across a variety of sites, including top tier COMAH sites, you will be responsible for delivering process safety expertise to the business to inform decision making and ensure we maintain a ‘safety first’ culture.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the Process Safety team so that they meet their objectives with regard to regulatory compliance and Calor goals.
- Co-ordinate the process hazard review, human factors, occupied building risk assessment programs to ensure they are completed competently and in a timely manner so that site process safety hazards are known and managed.
- Maintain Calor’s process safety risk
- Lead and participate in hazard study teams, as and when required to identify and manage on site hazards
- Ensure relevant leading and lagging process safety performance indicators (PSPIs) are collated and published on a monthly basis.
- Lead accident investigations
- Work with consultants in the preparation of process safety studies
- Maintain and update Calor’s COMAH Safety Reports
- Lead process safety audits at Calor sites that fall within the scope of Calor’s PS Policy
- Ensure that Calor’s operational sites maintain a high level of emergency preparedness
- Work with SHV Energy to support SHVE process safety initiatives
- Work with the Health and Safety Executive’s (HSE’s) Lead Unit to devise appropriate intervention plans for Calor’s COMAH sites
As such we would like you to:
- Have a thorough understanding of Process Safety, extensive hazard study leadership experience, in particular, HAZOP, PHR, SWIFT, HTA/HEA, OBRA, LOPA, SIL studies
- Have extensive experience in carrying out risk assessments – quantitative and qualitative
- Be experienced in process safety auditing
- Have experience of using bowtie analysis to manage hazards on COMAH facilities
- Be a ISO9001 auditor
- Have specific knowledge of COMAH and HAZID studies
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.