When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Lafarge Cement is part of Aggregate Industries with over 4,000 employees and operations across the UK and Northern Europe. We are committed to helping create a better built environment.
Lafarge Cement, currently have exciting opportunities for suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates to join the world leader in cement, aggregates, and concrete solutions.
The Process Engineer is required to optimise the production process, lead continuous performance improvement and address production and process bottlenecks for a better output, greater stability and improvement in environmental aspects and energy consumption.
Tasks and Responsibilites
- To physically participate & lead process inspections, studies and audits on the plant daily
- To support Production, Maintenance and Quality personnel, being the plant “expert” in process related issues.
- To track key process parameters.
- To ensure that technical surveys performed on the process are relevant and adequate (heat balance, process audits, airflow, temperature and pressure measurements, etc)
- To make recommendations concerning modifications to the process
- To identify power reduction projects and continually improve & optimise the plant performance
- To optimise fuel consumption and prioritise the increased use of Alternative Fuel (AF`s) & Alternative Raw Materials (ARM’s) to deliver CO2 savings
- To develop and use IT tools to facilitate process management.
- Cement Plant experience or experience in a comparable heavy industry.
- Experienced in performing root cause analysis studies and process risk assessment
- Degree or equivalent in process, chemical, or engineering related subject
- Strong knowledge of the physico-chemical products
- Strong IT skills. In particular, proficient in the use of PI and Microsoft Office packages.
- Able to drive, influence and engage in a cross-functional environment to ensure continuous improvement
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Preparation of clear and concise written and oral reports
- Familiar with cement plant parameters in respect of process and quality.
- Recognised Health & Safety or training qualitation – IOSH
- Experience in PID control tuning, High Level Control optimisation, relevant parameters, best available technik and standards applicable to cement manufacturing
- Good knowledge of statistical process control methods and experimental design
No agencies please.
Competitive plus benefits