At TT Electronics, you will meet dedicated people who believe that advanced electronics is the key to a brighter, smarter future. Whether it’s advanced flight controls, smart surgical tools, intelligent vehicle charging or seamless automation everywhere, advancements like this come from the minds of passionate, creative people – working to a common goal, watching out for each other, and caring about making a difference in the lives of people all over the world.
Our passion? Simplifying the development of complex electronics… it’s the reason we exist as an organisation. Our way of life? Fostering a culture that values individuals as well as community and teamwork.
Join us – and work with a team that believes success is measured by more than the bottom line, where you’ll find opportunities to achieve your goals, contribute to the lives of others, and build a brighter, smarter future, together.
TT Electronics’ Bedlington facility north of Newcastle upon Tyne is the home of two TT Electronics divisions; Sensors & Specialist Components and Power Electronics. Sensors & Specialist Components are leaders in high reliability, high performance and engineered electronic components. Power Electronics provide custom power solutions for safety-critical applications in harsh environments. The team in Bedlington specialises in microcircuit production for the aerospace and defence industries.
Employee engagement is centre stage; we’re focussed on our employees and making TT a great place to work. Here at Bedlington we continue to invest and improve the site’s facilities, regularly get involved in fundraising for local charities and activities in our community, have a busy social club and have a group wide focus on ‘Build Expertise’ in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) subjects developing our current employees and encouraging more to join our industry at this exciting time.
We have a vacancy within Resistors for a Process Engineer. In this position the successful candidate will be responsible for all processes in a designated manufacturing area and will provide day to day line support as well as being accountable for implementing process improvements and cost reduction initiatives.
Reporting directly to the Engineering and Maintenance Manager, key duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Controlling the introduction of new materials and equipment to include:
- process development
- establishing process and equipment capabilities
- specifying equipment and commissioning
- designing or sub-contracting the design of jigs and fixtures
- generating of process related documentation
- customer liaison
- operator training
- Participating in the planning and layout of manufacturing cells
- Raising appropriate CEA’s to both maintain and improve business performance.
- Ensuring manufacturing documents are generated and are maintained in line with the manufacturing processes
- Failure analysis and yield improvement
- Liaising with other departments (Quality/Test/Design) in analysing customer returns and implementing corrective actions
- Off-site visits which may, on occasion involve foreign travel to visit customers and suppliers
- Participating in the introduction of new manufacturing techniques and working practices.
The successful candidate will have good interpersonal skills to be able to communicate and influence across all levels of the business. The candidate who has the technical knowledge and interpersonal skills required will be supported with a development plan to learn our products and processes.
We’re particularly interested in Graduate candidates who have manufacturing and or electronics industry experience. Awareness of lean manufacturing tools and statistical process techniques are required, although knowledge and applied experience would be advantageous.
If you’re interested; come and work with us, The TT Way:
We do the right thing | We bring out the best in each other | We achieve more together | We champion expertise | We get the job done… well!
We have an extremely diverse workforce stretching across the globe and as such, TT Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.