DTR VMS Ltd are looking to recruit an experienced Process Development Engineer to join their manufacturing business.
To research, develop and implement new production processes and techniques. Specify, design, and validate new manufacturing processes, equipment and automated cells. Continuous improvement of current manufacturing equipment.
The role of Process Development Engineer will report to the Assembly Process Team Leader. The prime responsibilities are:
- Research & development of new manufacturing processes and techniques
- Launch of new products into manufacture with maximum efficiency and minimal disruption.
- Specify, design, and validate new manufacturing processes, equipment and automated assembly cells.
- Develop SOR’s and liaise with external suppliers and internal departments for supplier selection
- Project management and control of capital expenditure for the timely delivery of new processes and equipment
- To ensure that all relevant APQP documentation is completed in accordance with project timings.
- To ensure that all new equipment meet the relevant current Health & Safety legislation.
- To provide training & instruction to manufacturing & prototype personnel for all new processes & equipment during product development & productionisation.
- Design and validate assembly tooling, jigs and fixtures.
- Support of multi discipline teams for new product designs from prototype through to production.
- Continuous improvement, fault diagnosis and responsive support of current assembly process and production machines.
- Lean Manufacturing, including SMED, 6 sigma, Kaizen and 7 wastes
- Line balance and time studies
- Problem Solving and D.o.E.
- FMEA, SPC and capability analysis
- Ability to lead projects from concept to production
- Process automation including robot and plc programming
- Value Engineering
- Experienced in CAD
- Ability to interpret technical drawings
- Ability to communicate and present effectively at all levels
- High level of competency in MS Office
- Knowledge of VMS components
- Basic understanding of Injection moulding processes
- Mitsubishi specific PLC platform
- Staubli specific Robots
Engineering Degree or minimum of HND in manufacturing, mechanical, electrical or electronic engineering disciplines together with a proven track record in the Process engineering.
In return we offer a competitive salary plus benefits.
- Employee Events
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid Holidays