Wood is looking to recruit Process Assistants to undertake short-term temporary work on our current projects in our Reading offices. These are temporary positions and are not part of Wood’s Process Engineering Graduate Programme. Applicants must possess a degree in Chemical Engineering (see below for more details).
Wood is a global engineering, procurement and construction contractor. We deliver solutions for clients in the upstream oil & gas, midstream & LNG, refining, petrochemicals & chemicals, pharmaceuticals & biotechnology and power industries. With over a century of industry experience, we have developed a global perspective and an unrivalled reputation.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing international presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience real variety, work with different cultures and you'll work closely with our clients and be part of a global team, committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
We have been very successful in winning major new projects around the world in our well-established business sectors.
As a Process Assistant your responsibilities will involve:
- Working within the various Process Engineering design teams on Wood’s current projects,
- Undertaking process design calculations, preparing Process Flow Diagrams, Equipment Specifications and other process documents.
- Assisting in the production of Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams and other process drawings as required.
- Assisting the Lead Process Engineers in undertaking other non-technical tasks as directed, including tracking of comments on issued documents, updating progress measurement and schedule programs.
- You will need a degree in Chemical Engineering which is an IChemE accredited degree to MEng level.
- Strong organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to work in multiple team environments.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.