Job Title: Prison Custody Officer
Location: HMP Forest Bank, Salford, Manchester - M27 8FB
Salary: £22,700 rising to £23,312 after 12 months following successful completion of Apprenticeship.
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Prison Custody Officer Introduction:
Great Prison Custody Officers (PCOs) are key to the smooth running of our prisons. They have an important role to play in supporting prisoners with their rehabilitation and creating a positive and safe environment.
Our great PCOs come to us with all kinds of work and life experience. Some have worked in retail, healthcare, call centers and as taxi drivers. Others are ex-military, police and security services personnel. The work you've done before doesn't matter. What matters is that you're 'made of the right stuff' - the rest you will learn during our intensive 10-week training course which is predominately classroom based and then in the job with the support of experienced colleagues.
What makes a great Prison Custody Officer?
We're looking for people who will be a natural fit for the job. Background and experience are not important. It's the kind of person you are that matters. We can teach you the rest.
- Are you responsible, reliable and good at building trust with others?
- Are you the sort of person who:
- Is reliable, true to your word and can always be depended on to get things done?
- Always treats others fairly and with respect? Are you able to see past bad behaviour and start each day afresh?
- Is quick to notice things, such as changes in people's moods or when something isn't quite right?
- Is consistent - people know where they stand with you. Do you stick to the important rules (or if not you have very good reasons not to)?
- Can easily connect and talk to all sorts of people from different backgrounds on their level?
- Is straightforward and 'tell it as it is'?
- Helps others out including helping people find ways to help themselves?
- Keeps calm under pressure
Prison Custody Officer Recruitment process:
- Full completion of application form on Sodexo careers website by 24 November 2019. (You must have completed the online security questionnaire and have a CV uploaded or your application will automatically be rejected)
- Fitness test/induction day including introduction and Q&A: 29 and 30 November 2019
- Face to face interview: week commencing 1 December 2019
- Start Date of course: 6th January or 6th April 2019. (You will be required to complete a mandatory 10 week classroom based training course. No annual leave can be taken during this period.)
- Number of Jobs Available - 30
Please note: initial communication will be via email, please monitor your junk and spam folders to ensure you are aware of next stage requirements
About the company:
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equal opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief or sexual orientation are welcomed to and included within our business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly reputable business that encourages career progression and offers excellent rates of pay along with company benefits. If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to carry out this role then apply below today.
£22,700.00 - £23,312.00 per year