MASS a business with a trusted, 30-year heritage provides a welcoming and supportive place to work. We provide people with a spectrum of opportunities, and we do what we can to help our employees develop their skills and make the most of their careers. By joining our team, you could be working alongside specialist staff with industry-leading operational, technical and academic expertise. We encourage our people to break new technological ground and seek out innovation.
The selected candidate will be an experienced Solutions Architect and Systems Engineer with the capability of developing thought leadership in the defence domain. They will have a broad and deep understanding of operational mission support with sound technical knowledge on current and near future systems. They will have an excellent understanding of the support environment that these systems need to be operationally effective. The successful candidate will have the ability to liaise directly with customers to understand and capture their requirements and then develop viable business winning technical solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following tasks whilst fulfilling the role;
- Technical solution production at the bid stage,
- Technical solutions detailed in work and product breakdown structures at bid stage,
- Production of engineering management plans,
- Production of sub-contractors SOR / SOW (as required) to support solution delivery,
- Production of use cases that support bid storyboards,
- Identify appropriate tools and processes that support solution delivery and reduce engineering overhead,
- Provision of requirements analysis on assigned projects,
- Provision of requirements management on assigned projects,
- Production of sub system requirement specifications,
- Production of internal functional and non-functional requirements to enable detailed design,
- Production of top-level design and documentation on assigned projects,
- Production of design documentation for Design Reviews,
- Ensuring solutions are ready to enter design reviews,
- Provision of product owner input into review boards,
- Ensuring solutions are ready for review with design architecture work is finalised including but not limited to design reviews and acceptance tests,
- Ensuring engineering tasks are correctly booked and managed,
- Supporting the Software Lead and Test manager with acceptance criteria against requirements,
- Managing the acceptance of the solution internally in MASS and externally to the customer,
- Communicating with BD and Tech Sales to ensure customer input is included in toolset roadmaps,
- Supporting the production and maintenance of a roadmap when allocated responsibility,
- Communicating system design solutions to the Technical Head,
- Reporting SA time allocated to business growth to Technical Head,
- Reporting integrated system metrics and production of key engineering performance indicators to the Technical Head,
- Management and supervision of technical teams as required,
- Mentoring of junior engineers,
- Responsible for technical governance in the absence of the technical head,
- Undertake other tasks to support the engineering team where required;
As well as 5-10 years or more experience in defence related systems the candidate should also have experience of System Engineering concepts, including requirements, risk, quality, safety and configuration management.
The candidate must be eligible for UK MoD clearance for access to the appropriate security level.
Mandatory Skill Requirements:
Software – Windows applications.
Tools and Methodologies – System Engineering processes (SysMl,MODAF, etc).
Applications - Enterprise Architect; Doors.
Markets - Aerospace and Defence.
Other - Ideally suited to an ex-Government / Industry research employee working in the defence environment.
MASS are an equal opportunities employer.
plus full company benefits