We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Lead Security Research Engineer to work at Arms Headquarters in Cambridge.
Close to City Centre, with parking available
About the Role
Are you interested in working on ground breaking security research that impacts the entire industry? As a Lead Security Research Engineer with us, you will conduct research on Arm architecture and designs, probing their intention and their implementationto seek out security weaknesses. You will bring to bear your experience in security vulnerability with extensive published research. You will develop proof-of-concept attacks using state of the art techniques, to perform novel research and publish your expertise in papers. You will guide our product teams in responding to new vulnerabilities through software and hardware modifications. Looking forward you will support architecture and product development teams tocontinuously improve security.
You will join our influential Architecture & Technology team. You will collaborate with other authorities inside Arm and in our industry or academia.
What will I be accountable for?
- You will research security vulnerability, including proof-of-concept generation.
- Advise us as well as the semiconductor ecosystem on mitigations.
- Work to replicate exploits on Arm devices.
- You will working closely with our teams as well as with external companies to provide alignment on strategic security issues.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Deep understanding of security concepts and implementation from silicon to systems.
- Vulnerability research, reverse engineering and penetration testing.
- Track record of published work and proof-of-concepts.
- Awareness of a range of attack types and knowledge of when they may be applicable.
- Strong programming skills along with problem-solving and debugging abilities.
- Strong communication and a teamwork approach.
- Willingness to work closely and communicate with global teams
- Experience with transient execution attacks, micro-architectural side channels and their mitigations.
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps