Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Piping Engineer with extensive experience in the nuclear industry.
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Principal Piping Designer/checker reporting to the Piping Lead Engineer and responsible for the design, checking and management of Piped Systems.
Main duties will include but not be limited to checking piping fabrication isometric and associated documents.
- Minimum HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Working within a Joint Venture environment
- Experience of working within a highly regulated industry.
- Ideally, but not essential, three of those years must have been gained within the nuclear industry.
- Detailed knowledge of Piping Design and Plant Layout
- Proven understanding of Pipe Specifications and ASME B31.3
- Knowledge of principles of pipe stressing
- Use of PDMS / Navisworks
- Carry out other project related tasks as assigned by Lead Piping Engineer
- Ensure that work complies with all necessary Company, departmental and legislative requirements and procedures, to guarantee that the necessary consistency and quality of delivery is maintained.
- Recognise and address potential and actual cross-discipline issues and conflicts so that overall engineering input to a project is coherent
- PDMS and Navisworks.
- Effective computer skills; latest editions of Microsoft Office software.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.