What you’ll be doing...
Verizon providescritical services to both internal and external customers and inthis role you will acting as the owner for those systems as well asoversee all lifecyle aspects of multiple service environments. You’ll also understand and manage the interrelationships between the various products and the infrastructure systems. We take pride in our well-organized, well-documented, stable, and compliant infrastructure environments, and you’ll get to play a key role in designing and developments.
- Execute design integration across multiple technology platforms.
- Transform high level solutions into working services, detailing the standard products and non-standard elements where required and verifies that all solutions can be delivered and supported in Service Operations by the Operations Centers, third-party vendors and Program Management Organizations.
- Identify potential new business opportunities following technical recommendations, gap or risk analysis based on sound business acumen and an acute sense of guarding scope in all direct customer discussions
- Act as technical design authority ensuring interoperability of new/emerging technologies with existing infrastructure.
- Structure engineering workload into clear areas of responsibility and within each work stream structure the team as necessary to deliver contract obligations according to program plans so that the outcomes are off an expected level of quality.
- Lead engineering efforts on programmes to find ways to automate work, leveraging the automation skills in the broader organization. This should include documentation & process as well as configuration.
- Set and communicate business as usual (BAU) operational standards and maintain a defined quality of operation.
- Review or respond to Impact Assessment Requests/certification requirements for new business requirements.
- Ascertain and understand the requirements of the customer and develop/asses/prove/design a collaborative technical solution that can be handed to a project team to be built or implemented.
- Work with product development to identify potential product enhancements and new product services as required
- Support the resolution of complex tickets as part of the Incident and Problem Management processes
- Support operational integrity and optimization of service in steady state operations.
- Analyze impact and design, configure and test services in the customer environment triggered by release management, change management or incident management activities.
- Perform ongoing performance, availability and capacity optimization as defined by service
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
- Experience within service provider/telecommunication organization
- Experience at presenting to C-level audiences.
- Experience in a lead role taking technical ownership of design and implementation on global deployment projects for large scale customer networks
- Willingness to travel
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Possess advanced industry recognized certification across multiple technology platforms.
- One or more industry certifications at the professional or expert level related to frameworks like ITIL, TOGAF, SixSigma, Prince/PMP, Agile, DevOps
- Technical knowledge & experience to Cisco CCIE or similar level with focus on SDN/Cloud Solution, Data Centre, WAN, LAN, WLAN, MPLS, IPSEC, BGP, QoS, Unified Comms.
- Knowledge of multiple vendor products.
- Ability to apply Agile principles and adapt to Engineering to deliver value quickly, get customer feedback regularly, adjust early and often
- Excellent written and verbal Communications both skills able to describe technical solutions and features to users and target audiance
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.