Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visit www.pall.com/green.
The position is based within the Analytics and Controls program, tasked with the advancement of Pall’s bioprocessing portfolios through development and deployment of breakthrough technologies and is focused on three core areas of development:
• Instrumentation – Continue to lead in leak and integrity testing with cutting-edge technologies and unique implementations. Accelerate obsolescence of out of date / competitive technologies through development of desired solutions with strong IP positions.
• Process Analytical Technologies (PAT) – Provide access to the critical data our customers care about most so they can track and qualify processes more effectively. Enable easier visualization of process success and risk factors through advanced data analysis.
• Automation – Deliver platform approaches that free our products from previous constraints, unlocking easier customization, shorter lead times and simpler integration.
Develop innovative approaches that enable next-generation processes, including Continuous Bioprocessing.
The program is made up of Automation departments located in both the UK (Portsmouth) and the US (Westborough, Massachusetts), Instrumentation teams located in the UK and Germany (Dreieich) and an Analytical Technologies team based in the US. There is a varied range of experience within the program which is made up of automation engineers, IT specialists, data scientists, bioprocess specialists, process engineers, analytical chemists, physicists and medical device specialists.
As part of the UK R&D Automation team you will work closely with the US R&D team as well as development teams within our Biopharmaceutical business unit, Pall Advanced Separations Solutions group (PASS) and manufacturing groups to drive harmonized approaches and give Pall a competitive advantage.
Core Objectives include:
• Work with other automation SMEs to establish best practical automation solution for overall policy and strategy.
• Working within the R&D group to develop instrumentation, new technologies and automation on products and platforms for the Biopharmaceutical, Biotechnology and other markets.
• Subject Matter Expert, advising, leading or directing automation aspects of projects.
Roles and Duties:
Progressing assigned projects relating to the initial assessment, design, development, industrialisation, and transfer to manufacturing as part of a global multi-disciplinary product development team.
- Technical management of sub-contractors unassisted
- Automation platform design and implementation
- Test scripts and test programmes
- Setting and maintaining automation timelines and meeting deadlines
- Regular reporting for stakeholder information and quality management purposes
Inform and Implement automation policy and strategic direction into individual projects.
- Critical review of vendor output against policy
- Responsible for Pall team compliance with policy
- Responsible for standard of work from junior engineers
Interact with, support and train other departments and outsourced teams (such as supply chain, quality, logistics and product management) to facilitate handover and introduction into the market.
- Proactively close gaps in communication and knowledge
- Build and maintain network of cross functional stakeholders
Be a resource as a member of a small team for ongoing development projects by:
- Developing new design concepts in alignment with program strategy and industry standards
- Providing expertise to ensure products are developed to meet current industry and customer requirements
- Analysing and identifying strong vendors and partners
- Working with prototype design, build, and carrying out testing within laboratory environments
- Authoring protocol and test documentation for internal audience as well as end users
- Providing ongoing expertise for technical problem solving post-launch
Some travel within the UK, as well as international travel will be required as part of project and team responsibilities.
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.