Summary:Responsible for aligning SAS and Partner strategies and for developing and executing business plans to maximize mutual business value. There are two Alliance Specialist role types – Regional Alliance Manager with responsibility to a region and/or regional partners and Global Partner Manager responsible for a global partner(s) with broad geographic reach and impact. Titles may include Alliance Manager, Global Partner Manager, Regional Alliance Manager, and Partner Business Development Manager. Variances may be due to Partner only responsibilities vs regional field sales and partner responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities:Strategic Alignment
- In consultation and alignment with SAS global Alliances & Channels objectives, develop and execute business plans with clear goals, measurable objectives, and defined success criteria for assigned SAS region/BU and/or assigned Partner(s).
- Focus on assigned partner(s), acts as primary point of contact for named partner(s) and manage all aspects of the alliance relationship with accountability for meeting partner revenue quotas.
- Deliver high-value partner SAS revenue via the Alliance Partner organization by utilizing in-depth knowledge of BU/Country needs, partner expertise, and multiple business model options so that SAS can maximize partner value during the solution sales cycle to increase SAS close ratios and revenue.
- Identify, develop, and maintain relationship with influential executives within SAS and the Partner’s organization who can/will materially impact our ability to execute. Maintain particular focus on Sales, Marketing and Product Management as well as Partner Programs to ensure consistent messaging and communication to partners.
- Responsible for aligning SAS internal strategy and direction with respect to the Alliance business and market focus.
- Perform and maintain peer mapping to identify appropriate and equivalent stakeholders from SAS and the Partner and to align roles and responsibilities.
- Coordinate partner, SAS pre-sales, and SAS Professional Services team members to design/develop/execute successful pre-sales support and delivery engagement models to ensure integrated coordinated team and competent delivery of integrated and repeatable offerings.
- Work in conjunction with the Legal Division to ensure implementation and compliance with SAS Partner Program to ensure maximum scale and consistency across industry or geographic boundaries.
- Business plans should be developed with consideration for joint business development, thought leadership, marketing and market presence, lead generation, partner enablement plans, and will include revenue targets and other key success metrics.
- Monitor and ensure partner program compliance. Develop and execute a regular communication plan to keep joint business plan on trace and maintain alignment. Develop and manage day-to-day operations for assigned partner(s) to ensure that they are effectively managed and that performance objectives are achieved.
- Track and report results (revenue, pipeline, and other key success metrics as agreed to with management) to ensure that objectives are met. Manage the pipeline process with input of Sales and pre-sales activities utilizing the SAS system of record for sales, Orion, and in compliance with the Partner Program, Opportunity Registration Form (ORF) for partner recognition.
- Develop and execute when necessary a process for escalation of Alliance issues. Identify escalation path specific to SAS and partner(s) stakeholders.
Additional ResponsibilitiesSr Alliance Specialist plus:
- Focuses on one large segment of one large alliance or multiple small alliances.
- Identify new strategic alliance initiatives.
- Oversees multiple initiatives spanning one or more Alliance Relationships.
- Creates solutions with the aid of lines of business and partner resources.
- Defines business/market requirements for Alliance initiatives.
- Acts as strategic advisor to partners and lines of business on various technological issues.
- Analyzes partner proposals to determine appropriateness and fit with SAS products and strategy.
- Acts as strategic relationship point of contact for one or more Alliance partners
- Influences coordination of global initiatives.
- Drive business agreements from start to finish.
- Develop major marketing positions at corporate and line of business level.
- Set up routine cross company debriefing issues on Alliance activities
- Be able to lead team of alliance managers and BDM on a defined project.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expert knowledge of managing complex business partner and customer interactions on a strategic basis
- Ability to engage and manage executive level issues
- Ability to negotiate and influence others
- Expert knowledge of specific business partners, industry, or technical functions within the specific partner types, and/or knowledge of a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Public speaking experience.
- Global/regional business perspective
- Ability to lead cross functional teams
- Ability to travel internationally
Works on significant and unique partnerships and issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. Acts as Team Lead and/or have dotted line management responsibilities.
Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Barriers to entry such as technical committee review exist at this level.
Considerations for Promotion
Promotions to this job level require considerable experience and contributions, excellent performance, and a business need for this level/type of work. It may also require a committee review and senior executive endorsement.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or other related field.
Typically requires twelve years of experience in sales, marketing, business partner relationship development, or technical function within the technology industry, including related products and services. (Experience in a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment may be substituted for experience in the technology industry.) At this level, post-graduate coursework may be expected.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.
Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion. Vision requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Competencies are a set of defined behaviors that provide a guide to enable an employee to development in their job. Each Competency has a Definition and several Key Actions. Key Actions are the list of the behaviors that explain the Competency in more detail. The Key Actions are not listed in any particular ranking or order.