We are looking for an expert in Primavera P6 configuration and implementation.
Costain helps to improve people’s lives by deploying technology-based engineering solutions to meet urgent national needs across the UK’s energy, water and transportation infrastructures.
Costain supports Energy Nuclear Generation to maximise the lifespan of its eight UK nuclear power stations. Costain's role is to provide project controls and commercial managed services to portfolios and programmes of work across all of EDF's eight UK nuclear power stations. As part of this work Costain will develop people capability in core project control skills and provide specialist support to EDFs Central Technical Organisation to improve project performance and deliver cost efficiencies.
The successful candidate will be a part of the Primavera Business Support Team within the CTO Programme Office Infrastructure Group. The role will primarily be responsible for the configuration of Primavera P6, maintaining processes, tools and ensuring compliance with EDF Nuclear Generation policies and standards through stakeholder engagement, change control.
You may also be involved with support services and infrastructure maintenance for users of Primavera (P6), including monthly & ad-hoc reporting, maintaining overall system integrity.
Key Responsibilities & Outcomes
- Configuration of Primavera P6
- Implementation and Roll-out service packs and upgrades as appropriate, taking into consideration any local software that may require testing to ensure compatibility
- Integration with other systems
- Maintain / Support database environments & Infrastructure
- Maintain a broad library of Primavera training material and supply documentation/training database environments as requested
- Monitor performance issues and take appropriate steps to ensure system availability is in line with Service Level Agreements and user expectations
- General administration and support to users, within specified Service Level Agreements
- New user / licence administration, including procuring licences, new starters & leavers
- Adhere to any change control processes regarding schedules, baselines and milestones. Ensure Planners are following EDF Energy Nuclear Generation policies and standards by supplying audit reports to the relevant CTO Programme Office Group Heads
- Deal with general queries on the above
- Provide cover for others in the department as and when required and where appropriate
- Act as point of contact for CTO Programme Office related queries when necessary
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience of Primavera P6 Configuration / implementation
- Experience of integrating Primavera with other software / systems
- Excellent MS Office skills and working knowledge of databases/data warehouses
- High level of numeracy and excellent analytical skills, including use of appropriate IT tools
- Ability to work well with stakeholders both inside and outside of the immediate team
- Ability to use own initiative and resolving problems in a timely manner
- Project management skills, focused particularly on delivering business change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- P102 Primavera P6 Professional Fundamentals qualification essential
- P106- P Primavera P6 Professional Advanced qualification essential
- P106-A Primavera P6 Application Administration qualification essential
- Expert in use of MS Excel, Access. Experience with Business Objects and SharePoint, Oracle / SQL
- Server desirable
- Knowledge of SAP, IMS, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing & Workflow solution
- Development/operation highly desirable.
Why work for us?
Talent comes in many different guises. At Costain we recognise this and work with employees to take them where they want to go rather than where we think they should go. We are fully committed to creating a safe place to work, where everyone can be at their best, every day. A workplace where everyone can be their true self, feel valued and understood for who they are and what makes them unique.
As a mark of our progress we were named as a Times Top 50 Employer for Women in 2018 and again in 2019. In addition to this, we have won various awards, including IChemE Diversity and Inclusion, Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) Employer of the year and a Business in the Community (BITC) Game Changer award. Manchester and London Pride parades are now established dates in the Costain calendar, and we are proud to be a Stonewall diversity champion. We are a member of Working Families, an early signatory to the BITC Race Charter and a Disability Confident Committed employer.
Costain value that everyone is different and by being different, our people can bring their own valuable contribution to the business. Creating an inclusive culture makes us more able to recruit, retain and progress a diverse workforce, increasing employee engagement and experiencing higher levels of wellbeing.
Our employee benefits
We’re dedicated to providing a broad range of rewards and benefits. As well as a competitive salary, our employees enjoy a comprehensive core benefits package which includes:
- Group Pension Plan, to help you save for the future
- Employee Assistance Programme, to help employees and their families balance the pressures of work and home life
- Incentive payments to recognise high-performance
- Life assurance, to help protect your loved ones financially
- Funded membership to a professional Institute
- Private healthcare and dental packages
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership, to keep you as fit and as healthy as you can be
- Volunteering days, so you can give back to your local community
- Save as You Earn (SAYE) scheme, that lets you save towards buying shares in Costain
Costain, and the Armed Forces
We actively encourage applications from candidates who have a relationship with the armed forces community whether as a currently serving member or reservist, ex-military or wounded personnel or as a member of a service family.
Right to Work & Security Checks
Understandably given the nature of our business, everyone who is employed at Costain must undergo thorough referencing checks. We will need different information depending on the job we have offered you. For all roles, we'll carry out a criminal record check and we’ll ask to see evidence that you have the legal right to work in the UK. You may be required to obtain and maintain security clearance of at least Security Check level (or SC clearance). To satisfy the requirements, you will need to have been a legal UK resident for a minimum of 5 years and have successfully complete all stages of the vetting process.
Please note that Costain reserves the right to bring forward the closing date of any of its job vacancies if we receive a suitable number of quality applications from which to make a shortlist. Therefore, we recommend at you apply as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date.