About Wavemaker Precision:
Wavemaker UK houses all its specialists in data-driven marketing into one unit, Wavemaker Precision, focused on accelerating digital transformation for brands. WM Precision is a high-performance digital-first unit made up of experts which cover five core pillars. The pillars include:
Marketing technology, Analytics, Precision Planning, Precision Activation and Data Strategy.
WM Precision consists of c.230 specialists in London and Manchester, with an ambition to be the most distinctive and admired data-driven marketing practitioners in the UK. We will do this through:
- A single-minded focus on advancing clients’ digital marketing maturity through technical innovation, analytical rigour, advanced audience design and a culture of continuous learning and optimisation
- An agile operating model designed to help clients take control of their digital investment, including support for the creation of in-house capabilities
- Certified specialist expertise in leading marketing technology and media platforms, and a strong ethos of partnership and innovation with tech and digital media businesses
- A technology-powered service model with a development roadmap focused on original data science to automate and optimise marketing delivery
- A culture that rewards expertise and invests in training and developing specialist talent
- A commitment to driving higher standards in digital media quality, transparency and the responsible use of data
GroupM is the number one global media investment group and the parent company to our media planning & buying agencies Maxus, MEC, Mediacom, Mindshare and the audience data platform Xaxis. Together we employ over 3,000 people in the UK and globally we have over 21,000 employees in 400 offices in over 80 countries. For more information please visit http://www.groupm.com
GroupM is part of WPP, the world leader in marketing communications services across advertising, media buying, data investment, PR, public affairs and brand & identity, digital marketing, promotion & relationship marketing, specialist communications and more. With more than 155 companies within the group WPP employs over 200,000 people in 3,000 offices in 112 countries. For more information please visit http://www.wpp.com
We are looking for a passionate Display & Social Manager who has strong experience in both the performance and branding space – with a desire to learn more about how technology, and market leading solutions can innovate our current approach to display and social for our clients.
The focus for the Digital Manager will be taking responsibility for overall planning, activation and reporting across a variety of display and social activations, working closely with the two execs on the team, four other digital Managers as well as their Digital Director & Precision lead. For this person to be successful in the role, they will need to work very close with planning teams, to ensure they deliver best-in-class and integrated activations – with data at the heart!
This role is a fantastic opportunity to work across a broad range of programmatic and direct campaigns – focusing on the development of market leading display and social strategies across a variety of clients. These campaigns will cover breadth of disciplines including major launches, always on performance and tactical app install campaigns.
So if you think you are a self-starter, enthusiastic, detail orientated, and most importantly determined to deliver best-in-class work for some of the UK’s largest brands, we would love to hear from you!
About the Clients & the team
Wavemaker has recently structured itself into 4 hubs; with a variety of different clients within each. Our Hub, Team Trentham contains some of the largest and most exciting clients within the agency, including; Compare the Market, Nationwide, Colgate, London Heathrow and our recent new business win, Eurostar.
Although everyone in the team has their core clients which they will focus on day to day, we ensure flexibility across the group, to allow for us to support one another during busy periods; giving everyone the opportunity to learn from experience across our breadth of clients, but most importantly maintain a good work life balance, by coming together to support one another when the going gets tough.
Team Trentham within Wavemaker have gained industry-wide recognition, winning many awards across Digital channels in the last 18 months. The PMAs, Global Festival of Media, Campaign data and tech awards as well as their 30Under30 to name a few. In fact, this team has some of the most awarded individuals within the entire Wavemaker agency, so you will be guaranteed to work with some of the most talented individuals in the industry right now.
More importantly, you will be part of a big and supportive team, who maintain a ‘small agency feel’ despite enjoying all the benefits of a large agency environment. We think of ourselves as being an agency within an agency – albeit with all the benefits of being surrounded by other teams, and sharing knowledge across all clients.
Sounds great right? Well there’s more… Not only will you have one of the best offices in London, with a fantastic social and vibrant atmosphere – You also have a subsidized canteen, restaurant, no less than three bars and a beautiful roof terrace for Summer team drinks.
And in a world which has changed so much over the last 6 months, rest assured that we have leading measures in place and the best possible tech infrastructure, to allow for remote working, as well as safe and socially distanced working from the office; with all the resources and things you need to be comfortable and safe, wherever you decide to work from. Most importantly the choice is yours; you will never be forced to work from any location you don’t feel comfortable with; Wavemaker as an agency is built for success and has been operating remotely for almost 6 months! Only recently have we started allowing staff to return to the office at a maximum capacity of 20%; and we will continue to adapt as the current approach to COVID changes in the future.
Display and Social Precision Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible for day to day client management, leading the response to briefs, planning, activation, and reporting; predominantly across Nationwide, London Heathrow and Colgate. It is important that this person is comfortable to lead in client meetings, and can build solid relationships with the clients as well as the team and Wavemaker colleagues.
As the industry leaders in our space, you will gain exposure to large-scale data partnerships, market-leading measurement opportunities, transformative agency research and innovative approaches to the future of identity.
The Display and Social Manager will report into an extremely talented and supportive Director. This person will help set clear objectives, and train the individual to help them achieve these, as well as develop their skill set.
They will also work closely with the accounts Precision Lead to build out to deliver transformative and forward thinking solutions across each clients business, adapting to their individual needs and challenges.
The Manager will also be supported by a very capable Account Executive and will share responsibility for their ongoing personal development.
What are some attributes that would be suited for this role?
- Keen interest in programmatic and data planning; across managed and self service
- Experience in planning and buying across all major social platforms; Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Linkedin, Pinterest and TikTok.
- Collaborating with media partners to deliver best-in-class solutions for our clients
- An interest in innovation and market trends
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Team player
- A desire to learn as well as to share knowledge amongst the team
- Never settling for second best and having pride in your work
- Autonomous self-starter
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Lead the client in their understanding of optimal Display and Social planning principles and methods.
- Help to collectively develop an integrated media planning solution - working with wider comms planning and activation teams at Wavemaker
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of the client industry sector, the competitors within that sector and the general industry environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the media and technology developments that influence our clients business.
- Understand and proactively manage short, medium and long term business objectives.
- Deliver excellence in client service – including:
- Quality control over all work produced, including that of indirect reports.
- Set up and attendance for all status meetings, reviews and general client meetings.
- Ensure all client requests are met and surpassed and manage client expectation effectively.
- Respond to all client briefs and requests in a timely, professional and efficient manner.
- Use Wavemaker tools to drive forward new channel suggestions and performance orientated recommendations.
- Demonstrate an enterprising and pro-active attitude to all client dealings.
- Help to further client understanding of Display & Social media planning and implementation
- Responsible for the effective management of finance processes including:
- Ensuring all bookings are added on the system correctly, and on time.
- Reconciliations are completed on time.
- SOX compliance.
- Swift resolution of queries.
- Lead and line manage your executive
- Responsible for the training and development of your executive with support from your Director and Precision Lead
- Accountable for the workflow and quality of work of your executive, ensuring that they deliver work on time and to a high standard that is aligned to your client’s digital media strategy
- Always ensure you and your executive have the correct qualifications
- Review, provide feedback and set objectives for your executive every 6 weeks
- Promote the Wavemaker planning products and participate in internal training, projects and new business.
- Understand the function and value of the other departments within Wavemaker and its partners; including Xaxis, Finecast and INCA.
- Develop productive relationships with key internal departments and help develop new revenue opportunities through matching client needs to resource and facilitate introductions.
- Responsible for keeping Account Director up to date with client issues, opportunities and team developments.
- Actively seek creative and innovative media solutions in collaboration with other Wavemaker teams.
- Promote Wavemaker and its ambitions to external stakeholders (clients, key partners).
- Drive education and use of Wavemaker tools and services.
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners and other service providers at an appropriate level.
- Develop relationship with necessary external agencies on relevant client businesses to ensure integrated approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Ability to develop and execute comprehensive testing roadmap in the Display & Social space – audience, media, creative
- High level of numeracy.
- Good understanding of:
- Best in class planning principles and methods
- Analytical methods and tools
- Media research tools and techniques
- Direct, DSP and Social Platform Knowledge
- Workflow management and prioritisation.
- People management.
- Sound financial awareness, including processes and budget control.