The Hollies Pre-School are looking for a Pre-School Assistant to join their team in Stockport.
Job Title: Pre-School Assistant
Salary: Competitive, dependant on qualifications
Job Type: 34 hours per week, 52 week contract
Hours: Shifts will cover preschool and afterschool hours.
The Hollies Pre-school, formerly Hollies Playgroup, was opened in September 1976 by a group of Poynton mums, who happened to be teachers, when they could not find a playgroup in Poynton where they felt their children would develop within an ordered group during the very important pre-school years.
The Hollies quickly grew, as other parents wanted their children to benefit from this well run group, where each child was encouraged to develop their abilities and become more confident and independent.
Pre-School Assistant - Purpose of the Role:
- To assist the manager and supervisor in the day to day running of the pre-school
- To provide a stimulating and varied programme of play and learning opportunities
- To ensure the safety and well-being of all children
- To undertake a key worker role with specific children.
Pre-School Assistant - Duties and Tasks:
- To actively encourage children's progress in all areas of development, types and stages of play, by interaction and extension of play activities and through being conversant with and use the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) guidance
- To work with and support children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- To be involved in curriculum planning, policy writing and record keeping as requested and led by the supervisor or manager
- To attend training and Continuous Professional Development (CPD) as required
- To be prepared to help when other areas of the pre-school may be short staffed, or with domestic duties or other duties as specified by the pre-school manager.
Pre-School Assistant - Experience:
- Early years childcare and development NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent, or a willingness to undertake relevant training
- Experience working with children aged between 21/2 and 10 years, paid or voluntary
- Experience in implementing a wide range of activities for the ages of the children specified
- Willingness to undertake further training and development
- Willingness to attend staff meetings out of hours
- You will require to be flexible and have the ability to work as part of a committed team.
Pre-School Assistant - Desirable Experience:
- Current first aid certificate
- Food hygiene certificate
- Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, press 'apply' today to submit your CV.
Those with the following titles are also invited and encouraged to apply: Nursery Nurse, Nursery Assistant, After School Help, Child Care Assistant, Playgroup Assistant and Supply Teacher.