SDL is looking for a team oriented pre-sales engineer with a strong IT and technical background. The candidate will be responsible for successfully supporting our European sales teams to present, define, and sell solutions based on our Tridion DX suite. The candidate has to work together with the Sales, Support and Professional Services divisions, and is responsible to identify market trends and forward feedback to product management and development. The candidate should have experience of web technologies, and CMS experience would be particularly useful.
Based in the UK (or Netherlands), the candidate can work from home or from our offices in Bristol or Maidenhead (or Amsterdam), with regular travel to customers within Europe and occasional further international travel. The role reports in to the VP Pre-Sales.
* Setup and prepare virtual machine environments for product demo
* Conduct detailed product demonstrations (page build, content management, customer journey, integrations, personalization, translation, work-flow, …)
* Must be comfortable in presenting technical concepts both remotely/virtually and also travel and present locally to senior enterprise stakeholders.
* Prepare custom technical presentations (product roadmap, product function, customer requirements, architecture, …)
* Discuss technical solution deployment scenarios considering customers IT infrastructure (knowledge of AWS or similar cloud hosting, network fundamentals, APIs, web technology integrations helpful)
* Present at tradeshows, conferences and fairs
* Respond to RFI/RFP competitive events, with the ability to handle large numbers of technical requirements and also work with and manage internal business/engineering resources and also 3rd parties such as Digital Agencies.
* Build and maintain productive customer relationships, becoming a trusted technical advisor and confident SDL Tridion evangelist.
The candidate will be responsible for helping sales teams to achieve and exceed their sales targets as well as contributing to the team goal! They will be a self-starter and a highly motivated individual. With a thorough understanding of the sales cycle, the candidate will have a successful track record of working within a distributed team, building technically and commercially compelling software and services enterprise solutions.
3+ years Pre-Sales or Technical Sales within an IT or Software company*
* Broad technical/IT experience
* Strong web technology and CMS exposure
Confidence in senior conversations with mixed technical/commercial audience*
Excellent presentation skills*
* Proficiency in English required; fluency in other European languages preferred
* Organised, focussed, ability to learn and work independently
* Flexibility to travel (25%)