Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are:
Intelligent we make the right choices
Involved our enthusiasm creates energy
Innovative we always ask whats next
Our business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobile
Our software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve peoples lives.
Were as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers services as they are, which means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and development service we provide.
Across the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, wellbeing and security often depend on them.
We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted.
Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go.
Working closely with our customers the service providers we define peoples needs today and in the future and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management.
Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure.
Were proud of the role we play, improving peoples lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, were going to make a difference to millions of people more.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
We are seeking a candidate with strong knowledge of current Local Government / Housing and public sector issues as they relate to customers service provision, business and organisational needs.
Additionally this person should have a sound background of experience with an integrated Housing solution.
The candidate will be responsible for the provision of Housing pre-sales support ,with the following key responsibilities:
- Assist the sales and pre-sales team with the production of bid responses working with the product, development and portfolio teams as required to ensure that bid responses are accurate and professional.
- Be capable of configuring, building and demonstrating NPS Housing
- The ability to interpret demonstration scenarios received from customers in order to design product configurations for demonstration purposes
- Ability to demonstrate overview and detailed functionality of NPS Housing in support of new business and account management presentations
- Serve as a subject matter expert for product questions and queries that may arise internally or externally related to the products the role is responsible for during the sales process.
- Good all round understanding of associated Housing product offerings such as document management, asset management, mobile.
- Hands on presales experience or proven capabilities for presentation techniques gained in the private sector with public sector customers or within public sector organisations.
- Good working knowledge of the Housing business arena
- Hands on experience of an integrated Housing solution.
- Good knowledge and experience of the Local Authority budgeting process.
- Ensure effective knowledge of existing and emerging customer requirements a background of working in the Local Government / Housing marketplace would be advantageous.
- A full understanding of the Local Government/ Housing environment and its drivers
- Sound understanding of current market competition
- Ability to effectively interact with and gather information from high-level managers and senior officers
- Awareness of the need for customer retention and ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction to achieve this aim.
- Ability to adapt to differing levels of interaction dependent upon demonstration situation Desire to deliver high quality complex demonstrations to tight deadlines
- Ability to support other related teams in the preparation of written proposals for the delivery Ability to support the sales team in following up with prospects on post-demonstration
- Act as an ambassador for NPS capabilities both internally and externally
- Self reliant but with strong team player capabilities
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, working with minimal direction but promoting an open flow of information so that all concerned are well informed;
- Excellent written skills particularly in the area of bid responses
- Effective relationship builder, developing working relationships with individuals within the business
- Organising time effectively, determining the right resources needed to effectively perform job assignments;
- Willingness to travel
- Full and valid UK/EC driving licence as there will be a need for travel in the role
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days during enrolment period only.
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
- A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- This role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work in the UK, documentary evidence will be required and must be presented during interview.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. All roles as standard undertake a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, some roles may require additional vetting such as NPPV/MOD.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities