Rail / Civil engineering
Location – Derby
(Midlands and North West)
“An exciting opportunity for an experienced Pre-Contracts Manager to join our team in the northern business regions contributing to the delivery of our business goals through the development, agreement and ownership of bid activities designed to optimise work winning opportunities across the region”.
A busy and fast paced region within our growing organisation, involved in a range of civil engineering works in a variety of sectors to include rail (bridges, embankments, stations, platforms, tunnels etc.), Environment Agency, Local Authority etc. The business units are involved in multi-disciplinary civils projects across the country, whether one off tendered projects or projects within our long term framework / contract agreements with key clients.
Existing contracts include CP6 infrastructure projects, Network Rail reactive, HS2 and Environment Agency frameworks with works typically including bridge re-construction/replacement, upgrades and refurbishments, railway station works, heavy civils, tunnels and footbridges. Project values range from £50k to £25m.
As Pre-Contracts Manager, you will be responsible and accountable for effectively leading and managing the bid management activities of AmcoGiffen, in the norther business regions (east midlands & North West).
The Pre-Contracts Manager will report to the Senior Pre-Contracts Manager and will be a key contributor to the delivery of our portfolio growth and objectives through the development, agreement and ownership of bid activities designed to optimise work winning opportunities across the rail industry. Key responsibilities within the role of Pre-Contracts Manager will include but not be limited to:
- Working closely with the Senior Pre-Contracts Manager and Regional Directors to ensure that business and work winning opportunities are identified and fully exploited
- Management and completion of prequalification documentation in conjunction with the relevant functions within the business
- Monitoring the progress of business and work winning opportunities, ensuring that the Senior Pre-Contracts Manager and Regional Directors are kept fully appraised of all relevant opportunities and developments
- Bid Management of all major tenders ensuring that multi-disciplined bid teams are formed and effectively support the development of appropriate proposals and responses in a timely manner
- To attend prequalification and bid/tender meetings as required in order to identify the appropriate submissions and proposals requirements and the input required from key support functions including the identification and coordination of any inter departmental dependencies
- Effectively coordinate submissions and proposals input from supporting authors and bid teams, offering support as appropriate
- To provide personal input into technical and descriptive writing for submissions, proposals and their supporting documentation
- Ensure that proposals, submissions, presentations and other responses to clients are of the highest quality
- Ensure that proposals, submissions and bid documentation is submitted to clients on time
- To develop and implement an integrated submissions and proposals process across all operations and support functions
- Chair key tender progress and settlement meetings
- Monitor tender feedback from the client ensuring that opportunities to improve the company’s success are acted upon
- Input into the post tender analysis process
- Working closely with the Work Winning Director and Regional Directors to develop processes and help to implement any business improvement initiatives.
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as a Pre-Contracts Manager (or similar position) in the rail industry.
- Successful and proven track record in a similar bid management role with a major rail contracting business
- Possesses strong management capability
- Has the ability to build personal and team relationships
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the skills, knowledge and core competence required for a multi-disciplinary Rail business
- Experience across a broad spectrum of rail/civil projects
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the civil engineering markets through experience
- Demonstrate commercial acumen
- Good all round communication and presentation skills
You will be joining a reputable and firmly established, engineering contractor operating nationally in rail, civils and engineering markets. AmcoGiffen are renowned in the market as a specialist civil, building, mechanical and electrical renewals and maintenance business with ongoing and successful projects and frameworks across the country, you will become part of our expert outfit.
- Competitive annual salary negotiable dependant on experience
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life Insurance
AmcoGiffen has a wealth of experience working on sensitive, live assets in highly regulated environments, we deliver exceptional peace of mind for our customers, creating and maintaining assets across a growing range of high-quality public and private sectors. These include rail, power generation, electricity distribution, flood defence and waterways.
AmcoGiffen are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we offer challenging and worthwhile careers to everyone. It doesn’t matter to us what your age, disability, employment status, gender, health, marital status, sexual preference, membership or non-membership of a trade union, nationality, race, religion or social class are, or indeed any other personal characteristics not directly related to the relevant job. Anyone who meets the requirements of the job is eligible for employment with AmcoGiffen.
If you think you have what it takes to join the AmcoGiffen family, please review the full Job Description attached and apply now!
Please contact for more information.