We’re recruiting for a Pre-Construction Manager with the strategic mind and drive to deliver the best for our customers and our business. Overseeing Civil Engineering projects from inception, you’ll exemplify our commitment to Health & Safety, and ensuring quality and best practice will be second nature to you. Based in our Stirling office you'll take the lead of the pre-construction phase of civil engineering projects up to £20m.
You’ll be joining a business that thrives on achieving results that benefit people and communities, and offers fantastic opportunities for career development.
What you’ll do:
- Assist the Business Development Manager and MD in developing positive client relationships, where appropriate, but particularly in relation to Framework opportunities that may arise
- Where appropriate liaise with the client to understand and manage key deliverables including budget, design standards, risks and opportunities, selection of design team/ support
- Use historic knowledge/ experience to provide information and guidance to colleagues
- Establish procedures to ensure value engineering, optioneering and buildability considerations have been recorded and managed
- Develop comprehensive resourced programmes for all tenders
- Ensure documentation is produced to support the planning and phasing of works
- Chair pre-construction meetings, when appropriate
- Establish and lead preconstruction workshops, when appropriate
- To work closely with the other team members to meet submission deadlines, sharing information and best practice
What you’ll need:
- Experience in a pre-construction role with a Civil Engineering contractor is preferable
- Strong operational experience including planning and programming
- Methodical and proactive approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability and desire to work as part of a team
- Proficient IT skills
Who we’re looking for:
People are at the heart of everything we do and achieve at Robertson. To fit right into the team, you’ll be committed to understanding the needs of our customers and show positive determination, working collaboratively towards our shared goals; get the best from teams and individuals, be confident in your decisions, and calm and quick to adjust to unexpected challenges; and help us make progress towards the best, most sustainable future, for ourselves and our communities.
We also look after our people just as much as we look after our clients.On top of a competitive salary and pension, you’ll be able to make the most of a great benefits package, and local team based rewards depending on your role and where you’re based.
Company: Robertson Group
Closing Date: 30/10/2020
The working hours for this role are 38.75 hours per week
Robertson is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
A full job description can be provided up on request