You'll primarily be responsible for the effective and efficient management of a portfolio of clients; ensuring that the service provided achieves the company and client expectations. You'll also be expected to assist and support the wider team in the office & nationally with training/ development as well as daily technical support along with all quality control within the team.
- The completion of year-end accounts
- Completion of Self-Assessment Tax Returns.
- Co-ordination and management of payroll, VAT, and administration duties.
- Meet statutory deadlines for VAT, Payroll, Statutory Accounts, Company and Self-Assessment Tax Returns.
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients.
- Taking on and managing new clients.
- Growing the business through referrals.
- Offer bespoke accountancy, taxation and tax planning advice.
- Respond to client enquiries.
- Manage the client relationship whilst building a strong rapport and developing client loyalty.
- Training, coaching and mentoring of colleagues.
- Quality control and file reviews of colleagues.
- Manage a small team
Skills & Experience:
- Experience within an accountancy practice
- Previously been responsible for managing a portfolio of clients
- Part-qualified accountant as a minimum (ACCA/ ATT) or equivalent commercial experience
- Knowledge of revenue guidelines
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with accuracy and an attention to detail
Salary is DOE in experience.
Our client, a leading organisation in Edinburgh is seeking a practice accountant for a 12 month FTC. There is an immediate start available for the successful candidate.
Source : Page Personnel United Kingdom