Vitality, PR Manager, London, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business
We’re a positively different, fast-growing insurance and financial services provider that rewards its 1,000,000+ members for healthy habits. We aim to be the best Private Medical insurer in the UK, offering the best service in the industry. This means we need the best people, ready to live our vibrant brand and make a difference to the business every day.
As our PR Manager, you’ll get the benefits our members enjoy, including
- Our award-winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Vitality Partners and Rewards – Apple Watch, Ocado, Garmin, Champneys Spa days, half price gym memberships, Disney Store discounts to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 Days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more.
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions and awards – a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
As our PR Manager you will focus on building awareness of Vitality with advisers, brokers and investors. You will promote all of our brands, VitalityHealth, VitalityLife and VitalityInvest across the trade media, including insurance press, personal finance and HR trade, delivering creative and high quality media coverage.
The role will proactively generate measurable earnt media coverage, which builds authority for the Vitality brand, portfolio of products and its business leaders, and support on overall reputation management and reactive communications.
Responsibilities as our PR Manager include:
- Increasing awareness of Vitality and our portfolio of products, in particular with advisers, brokers and the investment community
- Supporting with the development and ensure delivery of the trade PR strategy
- Researching and writing interesting, relevant and compelling articles
- Developing PR campaigns and press releases for the trade audience
- Developing and manage a wide range of relevant contacts in the insurance and financial press, other key journalists and influencers
- Supporting senior business leaders with management and development of their profile, in particular in the media
- Articles, statements, social media and other copy writing
- Analysis and tracking of PR and media campaigns
- Providing media briefings and advise to the senior team
- Developing a strong understanding of the insurance, financial or health sectors
Skills and Experience required of our PR Manager:
- Experience of working within PR, media or journalism within insurance or financial services more wider
- Understanding of the insurance or finance sectors
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Experience of speaking and working with journalists
- Confident developing relationships with journalists
- Experience of working within a press office for an organisation
- Ability to work with complex information and distil into PR angles that will attract media
- Experience of media evaluation and reporting against PR plans and strategy
- Superior interpersonal skills, including experience of briefing, advising and supporting senior leaders
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and under pressure
- Excellent team worker
Working for Vitality as a PR Manager you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Monday 10th February 2020
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our PR Manager please click ‘apply’ today.