Who are we
Allianz Partners is the world’s leading B2B2C specialist and expert in the creation and delivery of unique solutions that combine service, insurance and technology to provide worldwide protection and care. We specialise in assistance, international health & life, automotive and travel insurance. Our solutions are available to our business partners, and in some cases, are integrated into their own customer offers. They are also available via direct channels under our Allianz Assistance brand. Allianz Partners is part of the Allianz Group, one of the world’s largest insurers and leading financial services companies.
Main Purpose of the Role
Working with our external PR agency to build a strong awareness & perception of the Allianz Assistance brand with consumers, clients and prospects. Promoting, managing and maintaining the public’s view of the products and services that Allianz Partners provides both directly to consumers and with B partners.
- Overseeing the creation of PR campaigns and press releases.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key and relevant members of the press.
- Advising company staff on handling and working with the media.
- Ensuring press releases fit the company’s (and b partner’s) brands and relay the appropriate message
- Writing press releases and where relevant copy writing materials
- Handling incoming enquiries for information from various members of the media and the public.
- Managing social media campaigns and working with external PR agency to manage the process of complaints & queries via this channel.
- Working with internal communications to support CSR and other relevant initiatives both from the UK and group
- Organising events such as press conferences, exhibitions and competitions to promote the brand (and its products) in the press.
- Be the brand ambassador for all partnerships both in the UK and via global agreements.
- Working in conjuction line of business heads to support appropriate trace events.
Tracking & Managing PR
- Working with the broader marketing team to feed into a marketing plan/ calendar of activities. Maintaining and updating the plan as and when required. Taking responsibility for the PR plan and strategy.
- Track and measure PR performance. Help to refine and adapt as appropriate, using a test and learn approach to make recommendations for future activity.
- Analysis and tracking of PR campaigns and activities, including media coverage, and reporting results.
You will also be responsible for the following;
Key Performance Areas
- To work towards achieving 100% on all Company, departmental and team performance targets, as directed by the Marketing team.
- To manage or assist with relevant ad-hoc projects as required by your line manager and other additional duties as requested.
- Complete all appropriate administration, including monthly reports.
- Ensure own business area runs efficiently:
- Within budget
- Project deadlines are met
- Pro-active communication within the team and wider business
- To work within and be compliant at all times with all relevant regulations and legislation applicable to the role.
Well-presented and professional in0line with working within a corporate environment
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent, preferably in English, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism
- Excellent fluency and communication skills in written and spoken English
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently across all channels of communication
- Experience in an office environment, dealing with external clients and internal stakeholders
- Computer literate with experience of using Microsoft products in an office environment
- Experience in marketing
- Experience working within a Financial Services sector including insurance
Specialist Skills & Knowledge
- Experience of working in a PR role, either agency or client side
- Experience in working with external agencies and managing the relationships held
- Proof reading experience
- Confidence in managing relationships with senior stakeholders
- Experience in speaking publicly such as press conferences and exhibitions
- Ability to adapt and learn
- Take ownership & responsibility of work delivery
- Strong communications skills
- Successfully working independently and collaboratively within a fast paced environment, able to adapt and pivot within a rapidly changing digital landscape
- A good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office tools
- Project management experience / skills
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
- Experience in working with different channels such as B2B and B2C, preferably within the finance & insurance industry
- Knowledge and experience of marketing communication principles and best practices
- Network of contacts that can be utilised to build the Allianz brand
- Excellent attention to detail and consistently achieving work or a high quality
- Strong focus on customer needs
- Flexible / adaptable in order to deal with varied workload and to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and build effective working relationships with all levels of stakeholders, as well as independently
- Time management skills
- Outgoing personality with ability to build relationships
- Experience of working within a matrix organisation