Job Role Summary
We are the largest publicly traded international Oil and Gas Company, using technology and innovation to help meet the world's growing energy needs. We hold an industry-leading inventory of resources and we are one of the world's largest integrated refiners, marketers of petroleum products and chemical manufacturers.
We are expanding our gas and power business, transitioning to a global trading organisation. To further capitalise on commercial insights, we are rapidly building our trading, origination & analytical capabilities to capture new assets and enter new market areas in Europe. We are looking for passionate individuals with an entrepreneurial mind-set to drive change in our business.
The current opportunity is for two experienced Originators to join our maturing Long Term & Power team, as part of the Front office in our Europe Gas Optimization and Trading team, based in Leatherhead, Surrey.
We offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, defined benefit pension scheme, share incentive plan and private health care for employees and their families.
The closing date for this role is Friday 31st July 2020.
Job Role Responsibilities
If successful you will take responsibility for developing strategic plays to originate and optimize our European power position; managing the power and gas requirements for ExxonMobil's pan European portfolio of sites, including refineries and chemical plants. The key deliverables include:
- Originating power and gas requirements for a selected portfolio of ExxonMobil European sites; a team of three originators cover all ExxonMobil sites in NW Europe.
- Leading all commercial aspects related site energy management/requirements including managing tender processes to negotiate third party supply contracts required in addition to on site generation.
- Working closely with the analytics team and site contacts to develop future opportunities, both carbon based and renewable
- Partnering with the operational teams at the sites to help optimize the energy usage and generation of the sites e.g. capacity market, demand side response, etc.
- Originating the Guarantee of Origin certificates required for the sites
Expected Level of Proficiency
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Be educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in a numeric discipline e.g. Engineering, Science, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics
- Have previous experience as an Originator in the European wholesale power (and gas) industry, with analytical exposure to a physical trading environment
- Be able to demonstrate:
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- The ability to collaborate effectively with internal & external customers
- A creative approach to problem solving
- The ability to work with multi-cultural global teams
Ideally the successful candidate would be familiar with at least one North West Europe power market, with a keen interest to learn about wider markets across Europe. In addition, the following language proficiencies would be highly beneficial (French, German or Italian).
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidates will be made a conditional offer of employment. The conditions include, but are not limited to: a satisfactory criminal records disclosure; satisfactory employment references over five years (where applicable); verification of qualifications, including any professional accreditation stated in the application; completion of a pre-employment medical, including a test for illicit or unprescribed drugs in accordance with the Company's safety policies; and the legal right to work on the agreed commencement date.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
ExxonMobil and its United Kingdom subsidiary companies, Esso Petroleum Company, Limited, and ExxonMobil Chemical Limited, are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. All applicants are offered equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities during our recruitment processes, therefore, please contact the Recruitment Team if you wish to discuss any particular requirements to enable you to complete our recruitment process.