BeyondAutism has an exciting opportunity for a Post-19 ABA Tutor to work with our amazing pupils and join our progressive charity organisation within Yarrow Housing and in the local community in Shepherd’s Bush, London. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and receive a highly competitive salary of £18,500 per annum (rising to £19,750 per annum once passing probation).
BeyondAutism is an inspiring place to work, and an organisation where you can grow and develop. We offer multiple and generous benefits to employees including an extensive in-house professional training programme enabling you to develop within the field of special needs education. Through our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme we have supported staff to become Qualified Teachers, BCBA’s and Therapists; and we offer many opportunities for progression including further education opportunities for Masters, RBTs, diplomas and certificates.
In return we can offer:
- An excellent in-house professional training programme enabling you to develop within the field of special needs and education
- A range of fantastic staff benefits, including a pension scheme, season ticket and bicycle loan and access to onsite counsellors an employee assistance programme and an online perk scheme
- Ongoing support from a dedicated team who share in the vision and values of the organisation and work together every day to empower our pupils and transform their lives
- Clear career pathways with opportunities for professional development, including funding for training for Masters level qualifications, trainee teacher positions and trainee therapists
About the Post-19 ABA Tutor role:
In this role you will support a young adult in our Post-19 service and out in the community. Working with a team of ABA Tutors, you will provide excellent support using the methods of ABA/VB teaching to a young adult with autism and associated learning difficulties. You will support the ABA Supervisor and ABA Instructor in ensuring the daily needs of our students are met in a professional, competent, safe and fun environment within our Post-19 service. You will need to follow the principles of ABA to enable the students to access learning in away that allows them to learn new skills at their own pace. Further training on ABA/VB in an adult setting will be given to the successful candidate.
What we’re looking for in our Post-19 ABA Tutor:
- An interest in working with young adults with special needs including autism.
- To be educated to A Level or recognised child care qualification.
- Emotional and physical resilience to meet the challenges and demands of the role.
- Experience of working with children and/or adults with special needs (desirable).
- To be able to work effectively in a team environment.
If you would like to join our team as our new Post-19 ABA Tutor then please click ‘apply’ today, we would love to hear from you!
BeyondAutism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure will be conducted for the successful applicant.