We have an opportunity for a Plumbing, Heating & Bathroom Category Manager to join our branch network providing support for a number of branches on a full time, permanent basis.
Myers Building Supplies has 14 branches throughout Yorkshire and is part of the family owned Myers Group.
As a key member of the MBS team, the primary aim of the Plumbing, Heating & Bathroom Category Manager is to devise and deliver an effective category strategy for Plumbing, Heating & Bathrooms and in doing so play an active role in sales and profit growth.
Main duties of our Plumbing, Heating & Bathroom Category Manager:
- Contribute to the delivery of the MBS sales and margin targets whilst maintaining a value proposition for the customer
- In liaison with the Buying Manager, support the category strategy for Plumbing & Heating including core range, trials, special buys, new product introductions, and exit plans
- In liaison with the Sales Manager and Business Development Manager, agree merchandising, marketing and promotional plans to drive the category sales
- In collaboration with the stock management team, identify the stock profiles for each branch and their optimum order quantities and lead time
- Work with branch staff to continuously improve their knowledge and credibility of Plumbing, Heating and Bathrooms
- Ensure that relevant Fortis Lightside category meetings are represented by MBS and learnings are shared to improve buying/selling practices.
- Liaise proactively with branch customers to fulfil their requirements
- Help to build a sustainable base of customers for the Plumbing, Heating and Bathroom category: Identifying leads, building a pipeline and converting into sales; Providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
- Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about competitor activity, pricing and tactics, and communicate this to relevant departments with recommendations.
- Attend any other meetings, group discussions or carry out other reasonable duties on request of your line manager
To become our Plumbing, Heating & Bathroom Category Manager you must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Experienced plumbing and heating professional with a buying/sales background
- Strategic thinker with a ‘can do’ attitude
- IT literate
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload.
- Good time management and the ability to work under pressure and to tight schedules.
- A professional attitude and demeanour.
- Experience of trade merchants.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be self-motivated, have strong interpersonal skills and can solve problems at source.
- Must possess excellent organisational skills and good time management.
- Must be self-driven, genuine with a positive attitude and clear focus.
- Must be sufficiently mobile and flexible to work beyond the call of duty to achieve results.
Applications are invited from individuals who are enthusiastic with a positive attitude, enjoy working in a busy trade environment, are customer focused and enjoy working as part of a team.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be a Plumbing, Heating & Bathroom Category Manager and would like to join our team please click ‘Apply’ today.
Unfortunately we can’t respond to all applications so if you haven’t heard from us within 3 weeks of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.