Salary: from £26,500 per annum
23 days holiday plus bank holidays, Accident Cover - B&CE Scheme, Life Assurance – B&CE Scheme, Company van if required (work use only), Career progression with our Training and Development programme, Company Uniform, Cycle to Work Scheme, Oracle benefits; including Cashback, voucher codes, shopping vouchers, reloadable cards, discount holidays etc. Share Save schemes, 1 Professional Subscription per annum, Paid voluntary work
About the company
At Morgan Sindall Property Services (MSPS) we believe that talented people are key to our success. There’s nothing that excites us more than finding and developing talent and empowering people to be the best they can be.
We are the leading provider of building maintenance services within the public sector; providing repairs, planned & void refurbishments and compliance services to over 200,000 properties nationwide.
As a company we love pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and doing things differently to provide the best possible outcomes for our employees and customers. Whether it’s investing in new technology, developing the careers of our people or creating last legacies within the communities we work; we love knowing that we keep moving forward.
About the team
MSPS operates a decentralized philosophy. This means that while we maintain a strong and consistent approach to the way we work, our teams and contracts have the flexibility to tailor and adapt their delivery to meet the needs of our customers.
With over 30 different contracts nationwide, our teams are empowered to make decisions based on what is right for the project, ensuring our customers always comes first.
About The Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Multi Skilled Plumber to join our team. Reporting to the Supervisor, the role will require you to carry out installation and upgrading of central heating systems, general plumbing works.
You should help us to achieve a high level of first time fix carrying out quality repairs and delivering excellent customer service.
The position includes a company van, fuel card, uniform and a tablet and training is provided to help you do the job to the best of your ability.
- Installs pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids
- Installs supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation
- Modifies length of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials as needed for a building
- Uses saws and pipe cutters as necessary
- Installs heating and air-conditioning systems, including water heaters
- Collaborates with contractors, construction workers, electricians, pipefitters, and steamfitters in installing and repairing plumbing
- Tests plumbing systems for leaks and other problems
- Analyses problem and identifies appropriate tools and materials for repair
- Writes report documenting the problem and summary of actions taken
- Performs inspections of plumbing systems to identify and replace worn parts
- Prepares bids and schedules and oversees other workers, such as apprentices and helpers
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Review blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
- Prepare written work cost estimates and negotiate contracts.
- Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
- Keep records of assignments and produce detailed work reports.
- Perform complex calculations and planning for special or very large jobs.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
- Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
- Hang steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
- Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains.
- Pipe cutting and preassembly and installation of plumbing systems and components.
- Ensure all PPE is provided and present prior to engaging on task.
- Ensure you have materials and equipment provided before you undertake task.
- Ensure that the task is deliverable within the time allocation
- Ensure all works do not present a hazard or danger to others
- Ensure all H&S documentation (RAMS) are present prior to engaging on task
- Must have full UK driving licence.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Workers must be punctual and reliable.
- Previous experience as a qualified Plumber preferred.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Diploma level 2 or 3 in Plumbing and Heating
- City and Guilds in Plumbing and Heating
- NVQ Level 2 plus 3 in Plumbing
- CSCS Blue Skilled Worker Card or above
Full UK driving licence held for minimum 12 months
To be part of a successful team and build your future careerwith Morgan Sindall please apply now.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the leading industry sector companieswhere we recognise the value of diversity, flexible working and that talented people are key to our success.