When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
We are currently recruiting for a strong individual to join our team in a position of a hands-on leadership role with Aggregate Industries.
About the role
- You’ll be responsible for controlling the operations of our Readymix concrete sites on a relief basis.
- Ensuring compliance with policies issued on HSEQ and Competition Law, in addition to our own policies and procedures,
- You’ll liaise with the Area Operations Manager and play an active role in promoting teamwork.
- Regularly monitoring plant Improvement Plans, you’ll also:
- Operate and maintain the batching plant, loader and site to the standards required by the company
- Ensure that the plant is adequately stocked with approved materials at all times.
- Carry out basic routine maintenance and inspection and record any defects.
- Ensure that the site, plant, loader and associated buildings are kept in a clean, tidy and safe condition maintain the security of site, plant, loader and associated buildings.
What will you bring?
- You have a proven track record managing or supervising people in a production environment.
- Experienced in concrete production and in the operation of large mobile plant,
- you’re a very strong all-round communicator and influencer at all levels, with the ability to remain calm under pressure. Your well-developed fault-finding skills compliment an analytical approach to problem-solving. In addition to being a natural motivator with a can-do attitude, you can also offer:
- Good IT-literacy
- Strengths in organisation and time management
- A pragmatic approach
- The flexibility to travel as relief to a number of production sites.
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
Why join Aggregate Industries?
We’re at the frontline of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 330 sites and more than 4100 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services. A full range of products which will help you work sustainably, safely, professionally and profitably.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.