If you have a naturally practical mind and (ideally) experience of operating machinery and mobile plant, including forklift trucks, then this varied job could be made for you!
We have a great opportunity for a Plant Operative to join the team based in Reading. In return you’ll receive a competitive salary and attractive benefits, including:
- Discretionary bonus, payable annually and dependent on Company performance and profits.
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day of employment. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less than this due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this. As a member of the scheme, from day one you’ll also receive life assurance cover to the value of two times your annual pensionable salary.
- Option to purchase additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period).
- Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare.
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7.
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme.
- Discounted gym membership at participating gyms.
Our Materials Recovery Facilities are where resources such as paper, cardboard, cans and bottles are separated, recovered, baled and sent on elsewhere to be recycled.
The Plant Operative role
As our Resource & Recovery Operative you'll play a vital part in ensuring our Beenham facility runs smoothly.
This Plant Operative role varied - you might go from transferring waste around the site and operating an excavator, to carrying out preventative plant maintenance or loading a container with recovered materials for onward shipping.
What are the working hours?
You'll work an average of 44.75 hours a week: 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday, and 7am to 11.30am on alternate Saturday mornings, though flexibility is required.
On occasions, extra hours may be needed to cover holidays or to carry out extra duties.
What we are looking for in our Plant Operative:
Ideally you'll have worked in the waste industry before and have experience of operating mobile plant machinery, although we'll train the right person.
We're also looking for commitment to good timekeeping, attendance and team work.
So, if you’d like to be part of a successful and growing company as our Plant Operative then click apply!