Plant Mechanic (Fitter) - Competitive salary - Permanent - Kidlington
Our client, is the UK's largest independent equipment rental company, hiring out an extensive range of equipment to industries including construction, utilities, civil engineering and events are on the lookout for a top-tier mechanic to aid in the service and maintenance of their Oxfordshire plant to a high standard
The successful candidate will be primarily tasked with the diagnosis of faults and repair/maintenance of a variety of plant in the GAP fleet including compressors, mini- excavators, dumpers, and small tools etc., both on and off site.
- To diagnose faults and repair/maintain a variety of plant in the GAP fleet including compressors, mini- excavators, dumpers, small tools etc., both on and off site
- Check and tag all equipment and update service records
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of products and full range of accessories
- Completion of all test certificates and associated paperwork
- Abide by customer Health & Safety rules when on site
- Keep workshop and vehicle (where provided) organised, clean and tidy and assist with general workshop duties as and when required.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as deemed necessary by the Foreman or General Manager
- Experience in contractor's plant is essential
- CITB/NVQ qualification is preferable
- Driving licence essential (advantageous if workshop fitter only)
- Minimal customer complaints due to standard or quality of equipment
- Yard and workshop kept clean and tidy
- On-going Management appraisal
For further information or to apply for the position, please do contact Chris Wilding on 01707247254.